Please review my websites

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
susanj

Please review my websites

Post by susanj »

We are with VRBO, but please review the text and photos. Any suggestions are appreciated! Thanks.

Susan

www.vrbo.com/17508

www.vrbo.com/138908
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

Hi

Had a quick peep; depending on VRBO limitations, can you limit the page width or break text into two or more columns? On a wide screen it is quite taxing to read across the full screen width.

Can you put up a photo gallery, or make the pics bigger when you click on them?

The cabins look very attractive so it would be nice to see some bigger pics.
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
goosie

Post by goosie »

Sidje - welcome to LMH!

Your cabin looks great - so these are just a few comments from me.

I really like the `imagine you are here` wording - such as enjoying a drink outside, or warming to the fire (maybe because I've used similar language on our website!)

Personally, I'm not keen on the misty photos - it makes me think of fog! I prefer sharp images

You say in the blurb that the kitchen is light and spacious - bu the photo makes it look small and dingy? Unless you mean kitchen and living area?

Can you get a photo of the bedroom inside rather than through a door - it looks quite small but if you stood on the chair and took one looking down it might make it look bigger.

I really like the picture of the deer - I would consider having it as the second photo rather than the interior.

But I like it - good luck! :D
susanj

Post by susanj »

Thanks for all the comments. I am really limited by VRBO, so some of the suggestions I can't implement unfortunately.

The bedroom IS really small! Not much I can do about that, I guess. It's maybe 10' X 10'.

"I really like the picture of the deer - I would consider having it as the second photo rather than the interior."--Done

Susan
Cassis

Post by Cassis »

sjde wrote: "I really like the picture of the deer - I would consider having it as the second photo rather than the interior."--Done

Susan
Can we rent the deer separately? :lol:
Real name Phil
Moved to France in 2004
Likes ducks, nature, gardening, furniture restoration, DIY, rugby, blah, blah.
DrRichard

Post by DrRichard »

Hi Susan

It looks good but I'm not sure about the blurry edges on the photos - maybe I've drunk too much coffee this morning! Also it's best to try to make your photos all the same size - it's easier on the eye.

Ultimately if you need a bit more control over the layout etc then you might have to build a separate site yourself, outside VRBO. It can be done, believe me!!

Dr. Richard
susanj

Post by susanj »

Yeah, that's the vrbo thing--blurred edges.

I thought all the photos were the same size--at least they were when I submitted them. It may just be that some are landscape orientation and some are portrait format.

Sue

www.vrbo.com/138908
www.vrbo.com/17508
DrRichard

Post by DrRichard »

OK, well maybe VRBO need to reconsider what they do with photos then. My advice here is to branch out on your own, then you have complete control over how it looks. Mind you I am a bit of a control freak, and I do realize that not everyone knows how to make a website :wink:

Dr. Richard