Ever heard of the first name Carlz?

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
jimadept

Ever heard of the first name Carlz?

Post by jimadept »

The following arrived in my mailbox today. The dates he refers to are already booked, so I won't have an opportunity to follow it up (unless the exhibition and training is suddenly and miraculously moved to another date) but this has the smell of scam about it, despite no reference to a cashier's cheque. I particularly like the 'I'm Carlz' sign-off. Of course it could just be a foreigner with a less than perfect command of English, but the numeral in brackets is also reminiscent of other African scam emails.

Add to that the fact that there are no exhibition halls or training centres within 60 km of the property...

carlz@keromail.com
to me

Hello ,
My name is Carlz Denis.Three (3) of my employees will be coming over
for an Exhibition and training that will last for a period of two weeks and
I want an attractive enviroment for them. I wish to book an apartment for
the the 2nd and 3rd week of of the month of June,2005.To be precise, it will
be booked from 13th to 24th of June.
Please let me know if it will be available and the total cost for that
period in euro.

Let me read from you today.
Kind Regard
I'm Carlz
paolo

Post by paolo »

Really suspicious but you never know. I'd still bet my house that it's a scammer. What will happen with these scams is the English will improve - the standard in this one is not suspicious - if only they hadn't brought up the exhibition and training...
Paolo
Lay My Hat