Affiliate Programs

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
David Weiss

Affiliate Programs

Post by David Weiss »

Has anyone tried affiliate programs for things like travel insurance, car rental...? Someone suggested it and I signed up for some.

Wanting to hear about other experiences. Thanks
David Weiss
playaconchalcondo.com
dwuwhooto.com
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

David,

Welcome to the forum! Image

How do these affiliate programs work? I have never used one but might be interested as long as I get something in return for promoting one company over another.

Cheers!
Brooke
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi Both

I am the queen of the affiliate world now. I have put one or two on my site and am looking at updating with some more.

You can get cash for flights, parking, car hire, books etc etc.

So far I have auto europe and amazon but have been approved for airport parking and flights also.

Just look at the sites you are interested in and see if they have a link at the bottom of their page to affiliates.

Seems to good to be true if you are going to put some links in anyway why not make some cash?

Sarah
www.islacanelaholidays.com
www.eyeonislacanela.com
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

PS Purple parking seems a good one.

Sarah
paolo

Post by paolo »

Sarah,

How much cash are we talking about as a rule of thumb?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

I will have to read back through my emails but its somthing like 5% of the booking. It can be less but what the heck if it offers a service to customers so your site is also a portal plus you get cash for it...its worth it..?

I think I will add the purple parking that looks quite good too.

Sarah
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

I am a pauper of the affiliate world!!

Are you saying the only thing that needs to be done is to put a link somewhere in your link pages.

Then if anybody finds the affiiliate site from a link on your website and then pays for goods/services from this affiliate site then you get a commission??

Is there any way of tracking whether the visitors have paid for goods of your affiliate? Is it all based on trust? Has anybody ever received a commission yet?
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Its not based on trust. You contact the company you are interested in if they have an affiliate scheme eg:

Auto Euro
Purple parking
traveolcity

Then you set up an account on line and they give you a link which is unique to your site. This is then connected to your account and generates commission without any hassle. With auto euro you can add photos comments etc to your link on monitor sales.

They normaly wait until you have a sum worth paying out eg £25 before they send a cheque or put it in your account.

Sarah
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Sarah - thanks for your reply.

I clicked through one of your affiliates until I came to the Send Details page.

I have a couple of questions:-

1. Do you have to deal with the enquiry and the payment yourself, or does your affiliate do that for you?

2. Does your affiliate insist that you put the link on your HomePage?

3. Is the registration process long and cumbersome, with lots of form filling?

4. Are you yourself able to track how many of your surfers have spent money with your affiliate? How do yopu do that?

Thanks in advance for enlightening me :D
sazzleevans

Post by sazzleevans »

Hi

Its doesnt take long to set up and you can put the link anywhere you like. If the link is in the wrong place you are the one that gets less cash so theres no pressure to put it on a key page.

On auto euro and amazon I can track how many clicks I have had to the link and how much commission I have made in a set period.

As the affiliate you are use a portal and nothing more. You can the link and sit back hoping that someone will buy the product. Even if they dont buy I still think it helps as you are keeping them on your site looking around rather than letting them vanish back into the void.

Sarah
livinginitaly

Post by livinginitaly »

In my opinion, affiliate marketing would allow any 'property rental' website to offer a more complete 'package'.

If you can provide links to travel insurance, ferry / flight booking and car hire or car parking, then these can only be of interest to potential customers.

I have a number of links on our Italy themed sites and they do provide a 'little extra' each month, at the very least on anyones site, they should cover the site hosting / domain charges.

In addition though (and my main experience of affiliate schemes) I run a fairly large UK finance 'comparison' website. People can browse for loans / mortgages / insurance / pensions etc etc, and obtain quotes from a number of institutions.

Some companies pay me for each quote, some pay me only for completed 'sales' .... but it all adds up to a 'decent wage'.

To find out more, have a look at http://www.affiliatewindow.com they seem to cover the most 'travel related' merchants. You can 'log in' anytime to view your account details and select banners or link text.
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Tony, that is a cool site with all potential affiliates in one place - Thanks for the link.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

This is a quote from a newsletter I subscribe to:-
Join our affiliate program and make 10 bucks everytime you recommend ***** to your friends and family. All you need is a webpage. Everything is automated. Each time somebody buys ***** from your site you net $9.98. One of our affiliates brought in $7500 last month. Sign up now!
I think it confirms that a carefully chosen set of affiliate programs could enhance income from a personal website. Another day, another dollar.

Alan
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Some great ideas guys, I've signed up for a couple already.
Holiday extras.
mpprh

Post by mpprh »

Hi

I've been playing with affiliate schemes for a few years.

I don't list gambling, get rich quick schemes, etc

You need a very large number of visitors to make much money.

You need to change the products & locations to get attention.

As an example, I tried cheap mail order ink cartridges for 2 weeks last month. The ad was seen 16,000 times, but no clicks. It'll be replaced soon !

Other affiliate agencies are :

tradedoubler.com
cj.com

I've been more succesful with google adsense and Amazon than affiliate schemes.

Peter
The Languedoc Page
www.the-languedoc-page.com