Listing Sites Specific to France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

I had an email from frenchmaison.co.uk today.

I have not come across them before, & they seem to have quite a few properties on their books.
Site looks OK, half price offer until 30/11 - has anyone had any dealings with them - or even better, bookings 8)

Bobby
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Can't help you with frenchmaison.co.uk, Bobby.
Another French one to add to the list is
7enlocation.com/fr/
I had a booking from them, didn't even know I was on there. I've also had a booking from Top Rural that I mentioned earlier in this thread, plus a lot of referrals.
Am also getting a lot of referrals from france-pittoresque.com (and just got a booking, have had others in the past too) also referrals from HolidayHomeAds.com which my property is on too (nothing to do with me).
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Another one: frenchholidaydirectory.co.uk Anybody using them?
Pushing us hard for a fortnight but I'm still not convinced. Page 4 on google with my keywords.

Jim
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks folks - I'll add them to the growing list! :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Giddy Goat

Re: Listing Sites Specific to France

Post by Giddy Goat »

Giddy Goat wrote: and wondered if you'd be happy to post any comments you have on these sites. :) Some have already been dealt with on LMH, and some have not. In any case, things change so some more up to date feedback on how they are currently performing would help us all. I haven't tried any of them except that in Aug 2008 signed up with France This Way, the creation of a LMH member .....
Some comments then please? I recommend FranceThisWay as I've had one booking now and get lots of hits to my website from it - and it's free, but costs £25 if you wish to link to your website. Three cheers for Marcus!

BTW, this list is now alphabetical!! Yup, did it just now - how sad is that!
olive

Post by olive »

GG I looked up Marcus' site - he lists properties from another site: Interhome (big Swiss-owned site) - why would he do that?? Marcus - ?? Any enquiry goes to the Interhome site (not to the owner). This is a new approach.
pete

Post by pete »

Another one: frenchholidaydirectory.co.uk Anybody using them?
we listed here, didnt find it helpful for b&bs because you couldnt list the price by night, only weekly, had a long running email but in the end gave up. Never had an enquiry, but it may work for gites ?

I seem to remember somewhere reading that it was now being linked/owned by chez nous

pete
Nessie

Post by Nessie »

Pete i advertise with them but have not received any enquiries, i put my nightly rate in other information on their site
Nessie
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I've just added "leboncoin.fr" to the list in response to another thread. Don't know how it had escaped our radar previously, and thanks for the tip, those who posted.

Any other good ones we've missed?
Chambo

Post by Chambo »

After the big success from leboncoin for me, here are some more free annonces sites we're on..

vitannonce.com
cavendre.fr
webrankinfo.com
libres annonces
altelaviseca.com
Zone annonces
super-annonces.net
annonces-de-france.net
QuiChercheTrouve.be
annonces.com
classifieds1000.com

Can't promise that any are effective or that you won't be bombarded by spam for the rest of your lives but some allow a website link..
Village holiday house, for large groups: Limousin, 30 minutes south of Limoges. http://www.vacvertes.com
https://www.facebook.com/VacancesVertes ... ef=tn_tnmn
www.chambers-maids-brecon.com
judyc

Post by judyc »

...continuing on from viewtopic.php?t=8383

My booking from frenchmaison.co.uk was for peak season, but I am happy for any bookings at the moment as I am certainly not getting much from my paid listings.

Quite a number of our bookings so far this year are for off peak weeks (and the majority of those are either repeat or referral), and for the first time I can remember, one of my gites had no bookings in the peak weeks, until this one.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I've had more off-peak weeks than ever before when I expected fewer! Not complaining I hastily add!
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

I had an email from frenchmaison.co.uk today.

I have not come across them before, & they seem to have quite a few properties on their books.
Site looks OK, half price offer until 30/11 - has anyone had any dealings with them - or even better, bookings

Bobby
Following the other thread, I have just found my earlier comment, see above. I liked the look of them at the time, and will contact them to see whether they can offer me a 3 month free listing.

Bobby
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Chambo wrote:After the big success from leboncoin for me, here are some more free annonces sites we're on.
Thanks Chambo - very comprehensive, and I've added them all to the main list on page 1 with a * to indicate they are free classified listings.
Lesblancs

Post by Lesblancs »

I liked the look of them at the time, and will contact them to see whether they can offer me a 3 month free listing.
I got in touch with frenchmaison yesterday, using the contact form on their site. No contact from them as yet, what is their customer service like?

Bobby