Listing Sites Specific to France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Isabelle

Post by Isabelle »

Another french site mediavacances.com (french version of mediahols.com)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Merci Isabelle, but the sites listed on this thread may not all be based in France, but only carry property in France. :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
lasourcetranquille

Post by lasourcetranquille »

I'm just starting advertising our gite - thanks for all the hard work gone into this listing. It's still pretty daunting knowing where to start!

I've tried listing on leboncoin.fr but I get my ad finished and get to the last page where it asks for a password and to validate and it just refreshes the page and doesn't do anything. I've tried IE9, IE9 in compatibility mode and Chrome with no luck. Any else had trouble?
lasourcetranquille

Looks like leboncoin only let you put an advert in if you're on a French IP address. Didn't work from India but worked this morning now I'm back home...
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I added the apartment to France-Voyage.com, and got a booking for three weeks in September.
Pulteauman

Post by Pulteauman »

First of all, having just joined LMH, I am impressed and grateful for the information contained.. thanks all.

When we bought our house and gite a couple of years ago, they were listed on about 20 websites, some 'free' and others quite dear. We no longer let the house (we live in it!!) and do not let many weeks in the gite (too lazy?) but on questioning our visitors we find that the majority find our website direct through google, rather than by other webhosts The only good site we use, other than our own is Villarenters.com, who produce a couple of bookings a year. We stopped using Chez Nous when we discovered that the cost of subscription was about £60 more than the booking they produced. Does anyone else have more succces with their own website re solid bookings?
I do what I'm good at.... mainly nothing.
gadgetmonster

Post by gadgetmonster »

This looks like another new listing site frentals.com

At the moment you can add your property for free.
www.lestroispetitesmaisons.com - Please like our Facebook page (link at the bottom on the website) and we will like you back :)
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

Well established in UK but just branched out into France is Last Minute Cottages
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks Gadgetmonster, added.

BlueShutters, the sites on this thread are all sites specific to France unless one or two have expanded countries since being listed here. But thanks anyway! :)
lasourcetranquille

Have added my gite to Frentals.com but really not sure how anyone can break into this market any more without a hefty advertising budget!
LaTour Gites

Post by LaTour Gites »

bonjour all! Im in the process of ditching and adding sites to advertise on. Keeping> VRBO-7 bookings this year. gites.eu (nl) 3 bookings, LBCoin couple here and there, but the french guests have ended up being sooo great! Loved their stay, werent a bother, and sooo nice! hence the reason that this year Id love to try to have more french guests...been doing all the research, but still perplexed as to which site is THE BEST. Please...if you have a french site that you are happy with, id appreciate to hear the list of favorites!!! My french is slightly better, so I hope I can handle it (ok..I cheat sometimes with Google Translate!!) Im looking at pour-les-vacances, have a-gites...hmmmm
happy holidays to all...have my LAST booking for Christmas, then Im done! yay! :lol:
Jeaves

Listing sites France

Post by Jeaves »

Hi, I'm new here but been renting gites for several years in the Cévennes in Languedoc.

We have a free listing on www.hotfrog.fr which I don't see on your list -)
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

LaTour Gites wrote:been doing all the research, but still perplexed as to which site is THE BEST. Please...if you have a french site that you are happy with, id appreciate to hear the list of favorites!!!
Me too LTG as the list is now so long that feedback on those which are effective has become much more important. L'Elzet Gites, have you had any luck with Hotfrog yet? Thanks for the mention and I have added it.
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

A-gites is proving to be our best provider, along with Leboncoin. A-gites seems to be picked up outside France and has provided us with Spanish, Belgian and Italian families.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks Zoot!