Listing Sites Specific to France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Jeaves

Post by Jeaves »

Hotfrog.fr - we haven't been on that one for long but it's free. We are only just embarking on listing with free french directories.

HomeAway - Abritel.fr we get enquiries and bookings from their sister site www.Abritel.fr though we are not a featured listing this year.

Pour-les-Vacances.com - The best paid French site we advertise on without a doubt so far - 85€ per year. We have been with them for 4 years.

Chez Nous - we get less enquiries and bookings from ChezNous since they changed the style of their website and booking calender search criteria. This year we didn't go in the brochure and it has affected the month of May.

gites-de-france.info I don't remember how we got on it. I think this was a free listing but you may or may not get on it. We get good enquiries from this and of course some think it's the official gitesdefrance site.

Cheers
yewgrange

Getting Dutch visitors

Post by yewgrange »

Apparently the Dutch love the Limousin (so I have been told). As our gîte is furnished for the 'taller' visitor I am 6'2" and the missus 5'10", is there a French property site reaching the Dutch ?

Currently on OD and Arbeteil at the moment.

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Matthew et Kay NOBLE
Aurifat maison d’hôtes
http://www.aurifat.com
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Hi Yewgrange and welcome! Great looking property and in answer to your question, yes, there's this site: http://www.gites.nl/

The Dutch love France full stop I think! There are a lot with second homes in our region: Gascony.

I tried the above site with no success but was told our rates were rather higher than those of properties they carry on their site by and large. It's a 4 double bed 4 bathroom property so the rate has to reflect that, and appropriately priced but as we know, there are cultural differences in terms of people's expectations.

I couldn't find mention anywhere on your website of the rates by the way. Maybe it's my bedtime!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
yewgrange

Post by yewgrange »

Hi Giddy

Yes I must get my 'Web master' to include our rates for this next couple of years.

Thank you for the link, I will investigate the costs, and apologies for not coming back to you sooner.

Matthew
Matthew et Kay NOBLE
Aurifat maison d’hôtes
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I've done a search on here Matthew and there are 143 different references to the site. Here's the most recent topic-specific thread:

viewtopic.php?t=15669

One of the posters, Fifi, more recently said on another thread:
Fifi wrote:gites.nl has more than paid for itself. It is worth getting your write-up translated into Dutch by a dutch person though - even though it is flagged that I only speak English and French, I have been told that having all my descriptions etc in colloquial dutch was a big help. Most dutch people speak reasonable to excellent English, and most Belgian speak French, but having the initial "contact" in their comfort zone was a big help to them. After that English (to the dutch) and French (to the Belgians) was fine!
I may try them again as markets don't necessarily stay the same over time - though of course with the way things are, people are looking to spend even less on their holidays than more. :(
yewgrange

Post by yewgrange »

Thanks Giddy (and apologies for the long delay in replying)

I am now listed, though the site owners were a little concerned that our chang-over day was a Sunday (to be changed next year) and that we didn't have a 'greeter' for our guests, but this has not been a problem with our French Guests so far.

I will get our prices on our web site asap!

Matthew
Matthew et Kay NOBLE
Aurifat maison d’hôtes
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Interesting that they look at details in that depth. Commendable! Maybe that's new since I subscribed as we have a Thursday changeover and no-one raised it with us.
dell

thank you

Post by dell »

I have just started looking at where to advertise our Gite Thank you for this has been very helpful
We have our own website and are with airbnb but have been looking for others
once again thanks