Listing Sites Specific to France

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Thanks Bobby- no, I am unabke to look in here nearly as often these days.

I hope you're weathering the Winter there OK. At least you have built-in protection! :D
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
ORIGIN

TRIPADVISOR LISTING

Post by ORIGIN »

Hello all

While not strictly specific to France, we have just put up an advertisement listing on the rental property section on TRIPADVISOR.CO.UK. It's too early to tell how effective it is but thought it might be helpful to know about. Peter.
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

Tried French based sites for the first time this year, a-gites and france -voyage.
Results? France-voyage, nil (or nul), a-gites 3 bookings totalling 5 weeks.
Zoot
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

Has anyone tried http://www.childfriendlycottages.co.uk/ with a French property?
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
LaTour Gites

Post by LaTour Gites »

I agree with doing more home based advertising...Frankly, VRBO has done nothing for me! too big, and expensive- my little cottage in gascony got lost in the massive list of french homes. Should have researched that more! Rent-gite-france gives me some enquiries, along with A-gites. Now that were in 2011...what are your best/favorite french based sites now? What works for you?
I have a difficult area to sell, so have to really work on it. Funny even gites de france told me its a tough area! yipes! no, im not going with them! I still have some weeks to sell, so any input would be great.
enid

Post by enid »

I love les Landes! But I know what you mean our area isn't the most well known either? I like pour les vacances - no direct enquiries from them but they direct people to your own site and I know they have brought me bookings. I also use Leboncoin which has been worthwhile.
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

A-gites is still good for me and pour- les-vacances produces enquiries but usually for dates that have been taken. Leboncoin is worth a try but only if you pay for the 'top of the list' option which , as it says, puts your property back to the top of the section each week. 6 euros per month, I think.
Without French visitors we would have sunk without trace this year!
LaTour Gites

Post by LaTour Gites »

ill give pour-les-vacances a try, they have popped up on my google searches for my area alot, good to hear. Yes, I use Leboncoin, and have had results from them (I even sold my horses with them! - long story!) Im going to do a - top of list option, but theyve been bugging lately, probably too busy! Back to work!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

RE LBC I always do a top of the list ad in the winter (12€ for 8 weeks) but make sure I place the ad at the weekend so it always goes to the top at the weekend. I've always found it works better, for selling other items as well as rental accommodation. More people seem to look at the site at the weekend. I also make sure I put the name of my property on the ad so that clever people can Google it easily, because you aren't allowed to put your web address on the ad, and I do a montage photo of all the outside facilites so that I have lots of images instead of just the three photos allowed.
LaTour Gites

Post by LaTour Gites »

Very sly La Vache! Ill wait for sat am! and the name in the title...very good! thanks for that, nice of you to share this info!
imib

Post by imib »

Leboncoin.fr is a great first choice. It enabled me to fill up july and august in the space of 3 weeks (and for free). Amazing. Now that the full season is booked up, we've got a lot less enquiries so I've opened a Homelidays page.
So far, it's paid itself back.
pura vida
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Just been tweeted by another (book direct with owner) listing site specific to France. Never heard of them, but they look serious, and some of their pages are available in a choice of languages. No time to research them further yet but they call themselves top-destinations.fr/

Include hotels and B&Bs as well as self-catering properties. Have added them to our list.
Dotty

Post by Dotty »

Giddy Goat wrote:Just been tweeted by another (book direct with owner) listing site specific to France. Never heard of them, but they look serious, and some of their pages are available in a choice of languages. No time to research them further yet but they call themselves top-destinations.fr/

Include hotels and B&Bs as well as self-catering properties. Have added them to our list.
I get regular emails from them with offers to list, but haven't listed. My email filter ALWAYS marks their emails as spam/suspicious. Does anyone know any more about them?
Zoot

Post by Zoot »

Just had a look and found I can't access the owners page
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I have found the link; it's here (to create an account) Zoot - I have put a space before the .fr

http://www.top-destinations. fr/enregistrez-vous

This page carries a further two options - to create an advertisement, or to pay.