Can I ask what you pay for someone to look after your garden

For anything to do with the garden and pool
mario

Can I ask what you pay for someone to look after your garden

Post by mario »

Mine is about 500m2 and he looks after all the maintenance,plant feeding spraying pruning irrigation but I feel I am overpaying per month.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

It can be expensive unless you're lucky. It would be cheaper for us to fly a guy out from England, and pay his return fare plus train, but (a) can't depend on the weather (b) local gardeners in our village would get stroppy (c) I've been known to do it myself.

We also give our Swiss guy the winter snow clearance contract, so it could get complicated.

MG
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Whatever he is doing the answer is 20€ per hour if I supply the tools and equipment used or 25€ per hour if he supplies his own.

Alan
cc

Post by cc »

Going rate here for effectively a garden labourer, ie. not an expert is 10 euro an hour but you hear of locals who have people (OAPs for pin money) for even less. I have no idea how much a company charges.
You don't have to write something on every thread, do you?
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Casa Caleta

It's actually the same here, €10 per hour and they will bring some tools. Many have good skills as they're used to working with the olive trees and in the vineyards and most here have wonderful vegetable gardens too.

Chianti
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

mario,

How does that break down hourly?

We are charged 20 € per hour, and at the moment our gardener is spending about three hours per visit, every other week.
Brooke
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

15 euros an hour for occasional help with strimming and hedgecutting. Good value because he has a mighty strimmer and goes at Olympic speed.

Jim