FT (France Telecom) English-Speaking Helpline

For topics that are specific to France, please go here.
Normandy Cow

FT (France Telecom) English-Speaking Helpline

Post by Normandy Cow »

003 31 55 78 60 56
Carow

Post by Carow »

NC thank you for this much searched number. I called on Wednesday 13/08/08 - it took me only 5 minutes to get through. So much better than the last few times when I managed to get through "War and Peace" and a few short stories whilst waiting for a response.

We ordered our Live Bx in February this year and are yet to recieve it. I have called all year with no luck. My last call was a week ago as we are due to visit our house early September. With joy I managed to get to speak to a consultant.

We were told that if we are in the country, when it is delivered all will be fine we should simply phone back 5 days before we are due to arrive and our livebox will be delivered.
When I commented how difficult it is to get through he assured me that they are implementing a huge recruitment drive so the problem with staff shortaages will soon be solved

Should I phone back now and pretend we are going to be there in 5 dAYS time - hoping that with some stroke of luck it will arrive there whilst we are actually there to receive it.

Icarow
pete

Post by pete »

carow

when we have delt with ft over livebox issues delivery has always happened when promised so my advise would be to order the box the 5 days before you arrive, from then you will move onto the french helpline for issues and will need some basic french to get any further problems solved. Stay tuned to lmh and good luck

pete

who by the way now has the livebox phone working after 11 months !!!!!
Carow

Post by Carow »

Hi Pete
Thanks for the advice - will do as you suggest. We have two weeks to get it up and running. (Hope it won't take us another 11 months!)
Carow
Ann

Post by Ann »

I rang the FT English speaking line this morning and it's not the same number.

This is a free phone call - 0800 36 47 75
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Ann, but it isn't a free phone call from the UK. The number listed at the top is the number to call from UK.
Ann

Post by Ann »

Aaahh - sorry Helen, I misunderstood (not very clear).
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

or from anywhere outside of France.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Now I'm confused. Which is the number to ring FROM UK to France telecom?
Hells Bells

Re: FT (France Telecom) English-Speaking Helpline

Post by Hells Bells »

Normandy Cow wrote:003 31 55 78 60 56
breampotter

orange phone help

Post by breampotter »

I used to use this number but it appears all has now changed and at the moment there is no english help for fixed line orange phones although they said they will start a service again in the future.The present no. for internet services now appears to be 0800364775. with no help for fixed lines apart from 1014 with no english spoken.
Ancient Artist Potter
F.F.

Re: orange phone help

Post by F.F. »

breampotter wrote:I used to use this number but it appears all has now changed and at the moment there is no english help for fixed line orange phones although they said they will start a service again in the future.The present no. for internet services now appears to be 0800364775. with no help for fixed lines apart from 1014 with no english spoken.
A few days ago I spoke to the FT English Speaking Helpline about both my FT land line telephone and my Orange broadband services. I was kept waiting in a queue for no more than 2 minutes, all communication was in English and all my problems were fully dealt with by the same operator within a further 3 minutes.

I think they give an excellent service. The contact numbers are 0800 36 47 75 or 01 55 78 60 56.
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

I just phoned to suspend our phone/internet from 1st November for the winter, but the procedure has changed! The live box has to be sent back for the duration of the suspension......and a letter also to confirm the suspension...what a lot of hassle......something else I have to ask my poor long suffering manager to do. A post label is sent for the live box, so no post cost just hassle.

To reinstate I have to call 15 days before service is required again and another new live box is sent out.....I have triple checked and there are no surcharges etc, but the procedure is a lot more than a simple phone call to turn the service on and off as i was told when taking out the service.

Agghhhhhhhhhhhhhh :roll: :?

Has anyone else come across this?
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Why don't you buy a Livebox instead? They are only arond 30€ in most supermarkets. It works out cheaper and easier than renting one.
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

mainly because of the maintenance aspect of us not being there.......and I was under the impression it had to be Orange's to get the helpline service....and they charge 100€ for it....
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets