Floor plan with linked images

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.

Does this e-floor plan give you clear picture how our apartment looks lite?

YES
88%
NO
13%

Total votes: 16

Annette Slovenia

Floor plan with linked images

Post by Annette Slovenia »

What do you think about this solution:

http://www.e-floorplan.eu/anette/tloris.html

It is the apartment we are renting to tourists in Ljubljana, Slovenia and I made this site.

I believe it helps people to get full picture what can they expect in our apartment and not to ask questions they asked before.
When you want to be in the real center,
come to our apartment in center of Ljubljana!
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/ljubljana-city/56248
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Annette

I enjoyed doing that, it's rather good fun and the answer is:

yes
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Yes, its a great idea. The floorplan gives one a very good idea of layout, but then clicking on the cameras is a nice surprise as it brings the flat floorplan to life.

You do have one problem though.

The most popular screen size today is 1024 X 768. According to my web stats this accounts for over 60% of my visitors. Your pop up pictures have a close button in the bottom and this is not visible at that screen resolution, which then leads to momentary potential confusion "what do I do now ?".

Here's what that user may see:

Is a very small point, but if you can either make the pictures a wee bit smaller, or lose some space at the top, you can make a good job into a great one !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
A-two

Post by A-two »

I voted no to blatant manipulation of the good hearted members of this forum.

Why is this thread allowed? This person is offering A COMMERCIAL SERVICE. They are coyly asking if it's helpful and informative, getting themselves a nice link back to the commercial site, using the feedback information to improve a commercial service and build testimonials, all of which they are charging you for. This person is building a business right here on this forum, using the ideas and technical suggestions that you are giving them for free.
PLEASE WAKE UP!

By the way, are you still charging $5 a room Annette, or did rates go up?
paolo

Post by paolo »

A-Two, I am not so sure. Annette is a rental owner putting this floorplan up for consideration, I think your objection has more to do with sour grapes because she undercut you.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
A-two

Post by A-two »

Paolo,
You can think what you like, but the fact that you would make such a cheap remark disappoints me.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Actually, I'll admit that I'm a bit puzzled by this thread too. We have been discussing floor plans on LMH since 2004, and Annette has recently been at the center of a few discussions on floor plans (including other forum users recommending her work), so I confess that I'm not really sure why a poll is needed at all.

I thought that perhaps this was a new kind of photo tour, or used a new type of floor plan design -- but it looks the same as the pages Annette has made for other forum users. After realizing that, A2's point did cross my mind as well.

Do I have this wrong? Annette, are you looking for us to give suggestions on which photos you should use and how to improve them so that you can show your property in its best light? Or is this thread asking whether we like the general idea of the floor plan?
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

A-two wrote:Paolo,
You can think what you like, but the fact that you would make such a cheap remark disappoints me.
Then I apologise, it has been a hard day. But I think the remark was not entirely unfounded.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
cc

Post by cc »

I was suspicious whan i saw the colour scheme in the bathroom :lol:
You don't have to write something on every thread, do you?
Annette Slovenia

Post by Annette Slovenia »

I did not want to upset anybody with trying to get some suggestions about my floor plan.

e-richard gave me usefull suggestion and I will probably follow it. I will reduce size of pictures or try to find other solution to avoid any user of my site saying "what do I do now ?".

Paolo; if you want, you can also erase this thread, as I really do not want to upset long time members.
When you want to be in the real center,
come to our apartment in center of Ljubljana!
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/rentals/ljubljana-city/56248
Windy

Post by Windy »

You also need to be aware that someone seems to have stolen your TV :lol:
A-two

Post by A-two »

paolo wrote:Annette is a rental owner putting this floorplan up for consideration
Then why is he using his brand new domain name registered for his new commercial business to promote services to LMH members at:

e-floorplan.eu
Status REGISTERED
Registered July 8, 2008
Last update July 15, 2008, 8:10 am

instead of the floor plan domain linked from his personal listings, which is http://www.alex.pcsvet.com/tloris2/tloris.html

You're right, I do hold resentment against Annette about this, and not only him, also MG, but not for myself. So far as I am concerned, these ought to be called Brooke's Floor Plans and Annette should be giving her a credit on each plan and a share of his profits. At the behest of MG, he took Brooke's tutorial on how to make a photo floor plan and then claimed it as his own, and not only that, Annette and MG even pumped Brooke for more information to develop it. As soon as completed, MG proudly announced it as Annette's baby, from which Annette got loads more work and now has a special domain name to sell his wares to LMH members. Bad enough, he now posts here for review to learn how to make further improvements, and provide himself with a higher page rank for his new domain. Give me a break! Objection!

I am still waiting for an answer to the 5 Euro per room advertised rate. This is a perfectly legitimate question addressed to those who have actually used his services and paid a bill because I have work to give him and said so on the other thread. However, I suggest Annette's rates, whatever they are, have more to do with the fact that he never offered anything to Brooke for her part of it than anything else.

It's not difficult to find better things to do with my time than justify myself to anyone here, but I'll tell you one thing. If it's all perfectly fine to allow members to turn other people's ideas into commercial ventures, then claim them as their own and sell them back to those members for profit, then I for one am not sharing anything else on this forum. And I don't think that was ever Brooke's intention either when she posted her tutorial.

I hinted in another thread that this has crossed a boundary line, and it has, several. I don't see others who provide owner-to-owner services blatantly asking members to help them develop their business, and I am not at all comfortable with the way it all seems to be washing over people, maybe because they are getting what they want out of it for themselves, it's convenient to be blind.

Have any of you who have benefited from this offered Brooke anything for her part in it? Don't you think you should?

Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

A-two

You've 100% got the wrong end of the stick, and my heart sinks at another stupid LMH wrangle.

Before you blazed away with this tosh, why on earth didn't you get your facts correct, or do you enjoy this stuff?

I'm so tempted to ignore it, but since you're making me out to be dishonest and underhand, you'll get your reply, in full.

In the meantime, you may find it useful to go through our email correspondence, when you declined to add a hot-linked image solution to your floorplans? I also need your permission to quote verbatim our email correspondence back in April this year - is that OK with you?

Would it be instructive for both of us to understand if Brooke's excellent javascript solution to a photo tour has any connection with my request for simple image links off a jpg image?

MG
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

MG, this should cheer you up!

Fame at last! You've been keeping your training quiet haven't you! Thought you'd been posting less of late.....
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Answer to A-two: Part One - Background

Floor plans are a useful tool for rental owners and estate agents – there are many solutions on the internet, and several have been discussed (over 4 years) on LMH. Costs vary from free (Floorplanner for instance) to several thousand (£, $, €, whatever). An additional factor is the cost of your time to input your property information - not to be underestimated.

I’ve toyed with various solutions, and Floorplanner was interesting, though it does have several quirks and bugs which have not been solved – both the Floorplanner publisher and the related Forum are useful sources of information.

I was also interested in hot-links from the plans to images and/or videos that we’ve discussed on LMH, and the latest solution was Brooke’s excellent tutorial here.

When A2 (A-two?) offered her services on LMH with Floorplanner, I was keen to employ her, knowing that previous experience would be invaluable, rather than learning the software from scratch, but I wanted links to images. A2 declined to offer this. I haven’t the knowledge or experience or time to implement Brooke’s suggestions so I looked elsewhere.

A bit more research on LMH and the 'net followed to find a solution to the images I needed, including negotiations with the FloorPlanner designers (they will be offering this in the future). When Annette offered the Floorplanner service on LMH, I mooted the idea of simple links to images, and Annette agreed to add this feature to the Floorplans. I worked with Annette over several weeks to get the result I wanted, with invaluable input from several LMH members.

I’ve offered Annette advice on promoting the service in the holiday home sector, emphasising that feedback on LMH would be invaluable. I paid the published rate for the service and I have no other financial involvement with Annette (and none is planned) – I just hope the idea is a success and a benefit to many of us; with continuing feedback it can only improve.

Part Two – Answering A-two’s specific points when I’ve done today's changeovers…..

MG