UK domestic tourism .../and Weather!!!!

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

or more of those last minute 'gissa discount' guests.
and willya :wink:
goosie

Post by goosie »

look you lot who don't rent in the UK can you stop filling up the UK section by telling us how beautiful, hot and generally your weather is - it has been like the monsoon season in the south-east and midlands today (I know, I've been in both) :wink:

Seriously though, the feedback from the last few sets of guests have all said how wonderful they found our house and its location - shame about the weather. I have a feeling that they won't be booking their summer holidays with us again, or anywhere in the UK, in the near future. :(
Partridge

Post by Partridge »

and willya
Probably :lol:

Fear not Goosie, for every sun worshipper there is a sun hater & there will always be those that just prefer to holiday in the UK.

I went for a stroll this evening and was marvelling at how the light struck the grass making it really brilliant green, then realised there was a stonking black sky above me, thunder followed by lightening, me running down the road with coat over head (I suffer with the frizzes) and suddenly a knight in shining armour pulled up in a car, well ok, it was hub but at the time it could have been quazimodo and I'd have hopped in :lol:
Don't waste energy on things you can't change.

Costa de la Luz apartment rental
www.ownersdirect.co.uk/spain/S5386.htm
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Today has been filthy here in Essex - sheeting down as I type, cold, grey and miserable. We're having curry tonight! :(
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Giddy Goat wrote:Today has been filthy here in Essex - sheeting down as I type, cold, grey and miserable. We're having curry tonight! :(
Same here GG - homemade - but I can even get coriander and coconut milk in SuperU now so that is good. Weather very windy today, a couple of showers, but not much water. Geraniums blown off window sills and one new patio glass table broken (due to parasol taking off) :( Things seem to have calmed down now, thank goodness.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Brrr! How did it work out? Warmed you up I hope LV!
Windy

Post by Windy »

Speaking as someone who will be braving Brittany shortly I am not happy looking at the forecast - next week looks as cold and wet as it has been in the UK for the last month :cry:
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Windy wrote:Speaking as someone who will be braving Brittany shortly I am not happy looking at the forecast - next week looks as cold and wet as it has been in the UK for the last month :cry:
Windy, I promise it has been a lot less wet and warmer here in Brittany than the UK so far this summer. I'm still watering what is left of my geraniums every other day. But the forecast isn't great for next week and it is certainly a lot cooler this week than it has recently. So bring a pullover and a waterproof, definitely.
GG, curry was great, I'm sitting here in a T shirt, so nicely warmed through. But then I'm on a self imposed banishment to the kitchen because of the Arsenal match that can't be seen in Spain
:wink:
Last edited by la vache! on Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I'm in long-sleeved T-shirt, cardy and jeans - plus dressing gown!!! :shock:
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

Giddy Goat wrote:I'm in long-sleeved T-shirt, cardy and jeans - plus dressing gown!!! :shock:
Photo please !
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

:lol: You're a glutton for punishment Richard!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Giddy Goat wrote:I'm in long-sleeved T-shirt, cardy and jeans - plus dressing gown!!! :shock:
And there was me thinking goats were tough. I think I'll stay a cow, instead.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

You're forgetting I'm from Oz LV! :wink:
enid

Post by enid »

We were forecast wall to wall rain today - it was bright and sunny!!! Guests swimming and very happy. Rain forecast for the rest of the week - guess we'll just have to do what the cavemen did and wait to see xwhat it's like when we get up!!!!