UK domestic tourism .../and Weather!!!!

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Windy

Post by Windy »

Well Brittany was a wash out - 1 sunny day out of 14. To be fair we had some sunshine every day, but the majority of the time was grey with plenty of rain.

Stiil I am now in the Lakes where it hasn't stopped raining for about 3 months so it looks like a 1-All draw to me :lol:

The weather has been disastrous all over Northern Europe this Summer (unless you are a duck).

I am constantly amazed by the stoical comments in our visitors book. Perhaps people expect rain in the Lakes and any sunshine is an added bonus.

We've certainly lost any "bounce" from the credit squeeze thanks to this b****y weather though.
enid

Post by enid »

If I went to the Lakes I'd go prepared for rain so I wouldn't be too upset!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

If I went to the Lakes I'd go prepared for rain so I wouldn't be too upset!
Enids Right Windy :wink: just say how do they think the Lakes got there in the first place!! :)
Windy

Post by Windy »

I suppose the thing is that you need alternative things to do isn't it.

To be fair we had a great time in France. We went surfing at Guidel and you don't need sun to surf. we visited some great places like Vannes and Nantes. You just need to get your head around it.

To be honest i get far more fed up if it rains in say Greece where everything is geared around the sunshine, than I do in places where there are plentiful alternative ways of spending time.

Still it IS alwasy nicer when the sun is shining.

It's funny but the people who get the best deals at our place are the one's who book in spring and autumn. The prices are lower, the weather is often blissful and the area is quiet.
just say how do they think the Lakes got there in the first place
I've already used that one a few times this year :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

It's funny but the people who get the best deals at our place are the one's who book in spring and autumn. The prices are lower, the weather is often blissful and the area is quiet.
But that's true of the SW France too!!!!

We had a holiday in the peak district in April this year - us and 4 French couples - we told them to expect rain and if it ddin't rain it would be a bonus - they still laugh about that now!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/markeaston/

Wettest January-August on record[and dont we know it!!] :(