OK, Rabbit, spill the beans

Using press and magazine advertising, brochures, mailings - old hat or still cost-effective?
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

katiegirl wrote:Clicking on the logos just gives me a blank page Rabbit! :(
Kathy, they nearly all in .pdf format, do you have a reader for that, something like Adobe Acrobat or much better, Foxit? They work for me. Nice work RR (love the logos :wink: )
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

RR, I am just greeeeen with envy. :mrgreen:

I am very new to the forum, but hope to remain here some time if my dreams of a holiday home pan out. I am just getting up to speed with all you characters out there!

I am a House Beautiful subscriber and on reading this was able to find my copy and read all about you in the flesh so to speak! It was a little spooky reading it as you hail from my neck of the woods originally and having put a ladies age (how unecessary!) I also see we share that as well. :wink:

However my dream will never match up to what you have achieved so well done (and a lovely website too!).
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

la vache! wrote:
katiegirl wrote:Clicking on the logos just gives me a blank page Rabbit! :(
Kathy, they nearly all in .pdf format, do you have a reader for that, something like Adobe Acrobat or much better, Foxit? They work for me. Nice work RR (love the logos :wink: )
I've got Adobe Acrobat though, that's what I don't understand. :?
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Me too Kathy, and I cant get 'em either :roll: :(

Welcome again Deb20 :D yep something to aspire to...........our Rabbits a clever Bunny...........[what sorta age are we talking to having met Jenny Id say early 20s :) ]

Take Carexxxxxxx
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Thank you Big Sis - I believe it's 21 and going backwards eh! :wink:

Just looking at the pdf files, although I have Adobe, I am viewing the site with Internet Explorer and that appears to be using its own pdf software to open the logos, not Adobe.
enid

Post by enid »

I saw them OK - and just loved reading all about the hosue and Jenny and her family. She already knows that I think she is gorgeous and now I've seen her gorgeous hubby and children too!!!!

Seriously Jenny's styles is a perfect example of how attention to detail can make a property even more special and welcoming. I am looking forward to a happy winter in my new family room with sewing corner and the new sewing machine that I think I'l getting for my birthday and making some more extra touches to our cottages - thanks for the inspiration!!!!!

Well done Jenny - you deserve all the publicity :)
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I am looking forward to going home, sticking a chicken in the oven, and sitting down to browse through them all for inspiration.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

:oops: Cor, thanks very much, gals! You've really made my day, looks like all that tinkering was worth it... I'm in F-Fox, and the PDFs are opening ok for me, so not sure where the problem is coming from. Just in case, I've added a "Download Adobe Reader" option after the features.

I've also added a sprinkling of seaside sounds - just couldn't resist :lol: Whaddya think? Shall I keep it? Lose it? Makes the whole thing a wee bit slower to load, but quite lulling in a way? Zzzzzz, ooops, I've gone to sleep! :roll: :lol:

Deb - Keep dreaming and building - so much inspiration here on LMH and plenty of folks willing to help, too :D
enid

Post by enid »

As you asked I didn't like teh sound effects - sorry!!!
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Yes, I'm in two minds myself, Enid :? Deffo want frank opinions, please! :D
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

If you keep it I'm going to add this to my site. I'm afraid I didn't like it much either - your site and properties are too classy for sound effects, they always seem a bit tacky to me, as well as slowing everything down, sorry!
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
That's a no, then, LV?!!!

Shucks, this is one gizmo that's gotta go!!!! :lol:
tree-peony

Post by tree-peony »

just guessing here, but it may be the file extensions as .PDF as opposed to .pdf are causing some confuddlement :)
http://www.gozoluxury.co.uk
actually quite nice apartment in Gozo!
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

well Im still confuddled :? thanks TP[it dont take much] :roll:

The bit I CAN see........ sniff............

The Press bit I know what it means cos I was looking for it.but could it say press articles or summat cos just 'press'...... .would seem to mean the action....[confused you will be :? ]rather than what its leading to!!??
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Big Sis.. wrote:but could it say press articles or summat cos just 'press'...... .would seem to mean the action....[confused you will be :? ]rather than what its leading to!!??
I agree, 'press' is rather nondescript, could you add the word 'feature' Featured newspaper articles or something like that - I'm sure GG will be along soon with a title that it a little more eyecatching for your website.