Brightmall Agency

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
HolidayWebs

Brightmall Agency

Post by HolidayWebs »

Anyone else had this? I've now had 2 similar ones via inthemed.com

Hello ***,
I am Dr Jack White of Brightmall Agency,London .I need to book
reservation in your villa for a christian organisation from London
coming for a Christian summit.Please provide me with the available dates
in which your villa with be free for booking in months of June , july August and september.
Get back to me,so that we can book reservations immediately.
Thank you and have a nice day.
Kind Regards,
Jack.....
Visit http://www.puertopollensa.com ... you'll love it!
The most beautiful resort in Mallorca.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Jack.....

My parents used to own a house at the end of the "pine walk", next door to the Hotel Illa D'Or. In my younger days I spent many a happy holiday there and I don't remember any Christian Summits ever being hosted in the village.

Maybe times have changed; maybe this is another scam. A Christian Summit which is lasting through June, July, August & September? Somehow I don't think so. A quick check with the Tourist Office will confirm whether or not there is such an event.

Alan
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

I think it is a scam too...but what amazes me is that people will take the time and trouble to send these e-mails, and what on earth do they get out of it??? :?:
--------------------------------------------------
What would you attempt to do if you knew you would not fail?
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

reddevil,
How about sending some spam/scam e-mails?

Looks like there are sufficient gullible people out there that you would not fail.

Alan
reddevil

Post by reddevil »

Nice one Alan - point taken.

But what do these spammers actually get out of it all. I mean, if it is spam then they don't really want a holiday for June to September, so all they would be doing is wasting their time and our time - is this how they determine Success!! If so, then the world is a sorry place, surely their time could be put to better use?

Sorry for the simplistic view - I must live in a different world :shock:
--------------------------------------------------
Eleanor

Dr Jack White

Post by Eleanor »

Just to let you know that I have also received enquiry from Dr Jack White and his christian convention and after replying I asked for a telephone number, but it was of course incorrect.

Quite a strange one really!

Eleanor
Villa Escondida Gran Canaria
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, Eleanor! Image

As to what the scammers get out of it, they will find someone who falls for the con, which is to send a fake cheque and then ask for part of it back straight away in your hard-earned real money.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Eleanor

Post by Eleanor »

Dear Paolo

Thanks for the information and will alert other villa owners in Gran Canaria who may receive this email too.

Take care
Eleanor
PaulHigham

Post by PaulHigham »

Dr Jack can't really decide where he is holding his christian convention. He has currently tried to post 32 emails like the one above through us, in different regions in different countries!

Must be a MASSIVE convention... :lol:
Eleanor

Post by Eleanor »

Dear Paul

All I can say is God moves in mysterious ways!

Thanks for the comments though - what a timewaster!

Regards

Eleanor
Emdee

Post by Emdee »

OK, just for fun, I have pasted the first part of a review I did for a certain Holiday "place" near Pollensa. See if you can guess which one?

By the way, Pollensa and its Port ARE superb, as is Mallorca, our favourite part of Spain - this review was the sarky bit and was aimed solely at the operator!

"Ideally situated just 2 short miles from all facilities, this modern built-to-a-price apartment complex also benefits from being adjacent to a Military Air Facility.

The complex itself was built just 3 years ago using the latest single-course breeze block construction techniques. This feature ensures that you are never alone in your apartment. You will be able to share all sounds from above, below, and to each side. For your comfort, all rooms are fully air-conditioned from May to September, and this is irrespective of the temperature on the 1st October.

Within the apartment, you will marvel at the compact kitchenette tucked unobtrusively in one dark corner. The apartment has a mass of storage space at your disposal for clothes and other nick-nacks, but thoughtfully, space has been omitted for any food storage - after all, it will only prevent you from visiting our exquisite quasi-English canteen! A remote-control TV has also been installed with just one English channel so that you can benefit from learning Spanish or German from the other 10 channels - now there's added value!

We have also fitted the latest "random temperature" shower units to our bathrooms. This will provide hours of fun when you try and guess "hot or cold?". Just leave the setting in the middle and watch your fellow guests squirm with delight! Great for Sunburn too!

The complex staff have been trained to avoid contact with the clients wherever possible to help reduce the number of complaints or questions, which has to be a major step forward. Top-show is the order of the day, since first impressions are the most important after all. We use log sheets in all bathroom facilities to assure you that we have missed refilling that loo-roll, AND you know it."

Cheers!