Change of direction, please comment

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
scudo

Change of direction, please comment

Post by scudo »

Hi all,

Previously I have pushed the `villa`as the focal point of my website, for next year I am looking to put more emphasise on the uniqueness of the area.
I would be interested on how this is coming across to any critics out there. At the moment I am concentrating on the `home page`, but will work through the other pages one a time.

http://www.freewebs.com/turkeyrent/

Comments appreciated.
Margaret

Post by Margaret »

I think you've gone too far the other way. It is easy to miss the line near the top of the page which says it is about a villa. If you just read the text further down you have no idea you are being offered a villa - it reads like a tourist site. I found the typeface difficult to read too.

We have to push the area we are in quite hard because it is so unknown, but you have to be clear what it is you are offering people - holiday accommodation - at the same time.
cottageguru

Post by cottageguru »

I suppose it depends what people are searching for. If they are looking for sites on Turkey with the type of accommodation being secondary, I guess you are right in that direction. If you consider that most folks will look for villa rental in Turkey as their primary search terms, then I would have thought that focusing on the villa at the outset would have been more important. That was my first thought on reading your post.
Heather

Vacation Rental Success Podcast
www.cottageblogger.com
www.twitter.com/cottageguru
Musetta

Post by Musetta »

I think it may be good idea - I am actually planning on revamping my site when the summer season slows down as well (even though I do focus on the area quite a bit since the house is just a tiny village house) - have found, so far, most of my guests are looking for something in the Province - very difficult to find accommodations in Avellino (!) and then choosing my place because it's what they can find in the area they want to be in...so, I really would just go with what works for your market! (mine turned out WAY different than I'd thought...I originally thought I would get a lot of UK visitors looking for an inexpensive, sunny Italian place since flights are SO much cheaper than from the US....am getting mostly Americans who have travelled in Italy before and looking for something in the area!)
Garri

Post by Garri »

Does the boat come with the villa? If not, where can I rent it ;-)
juco

Comments

Post by juco »

Thanks all for the comments,

I agree on the `villa for rent` not being clear and I will just bring this down in to the main text until I reword it.

Maybe I have gone a bit too far the other way so will re think and try and get a better balance, although I think the area will be important as there is a `main` resort nearby thats all bars/clubs etc so I am trying to put over that this is a much more peaceful area suitable for older couples or with young children, and also still retaining local culture, rather than a `little britain`type place.

Anyone else find the typeface difficult to read? Whattypeface would be better?

Your coments are appreciated.