Rental Websites

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
Martin

Rental Listing sites

Post by Martin »

Hi,

I get many renters for my parisian apartments by www.ibbp.com, which means internationalbedandbreakfastpages.com.

When you've vacation rentals is in France I can really recommend this site.

To decide where to advertise I use also the page-ranking of Alexa. Alexa shows " visitors of this page visited also....". and you can compare the trafic of two different sites.

Martin Wunder

www.france-paris.fr
stefanaccio

Rating system of advertising sites

Post by stefanaccio »

Am a newbie, trying to read through all of these most informative posts. There was mention of a rating system of some kind for the various advertising sites. This would be extremely helpful. Is this possible and/or has this already been done? Grazie.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, stefanaccio! Image

There is no ranking of sites yet, but here is an article on finding the best listing sites for your particular property:

viewtopic.php?t=257

This is my system anyway, perhaps others do it differently?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Sylvia

best web sites

Post by Sylvia »

For those people who have vacation rental properties in Florida, if your interest is bookings and not so much inquiries, you can do a lot better than VRBO. We have three properties on the Gulf Coast of Florida and I have listed on several dozen web sites over the years, but only 7 of that number have ever brought in a booking. When looking at traffic and costs, however, in the last year I have received four bookings from four sites. Although VRBO brought in the most inquiries, there are so many people in my area advertising there that renters are always looking for discounts, and more often than not do not respond once an owner answers their inquiry. It is the most expensive place to list, and the number of inquiries is very time consuming. I accumulated four bookings in the past year through VRBO, but much smaller sites like Staynplay.net, ovrentals.com and, if you have a condo, Redweek.com, are much less expensive, don't waste your time with lots of futile inquiries and bring in just as many bookings.... in my case a total of four per site in the year. The customer service on these three sites is at least as good as VRBO and the presentation of copy and photos is as good as well. Another good way to get legitimate inquiries with not a great cost and a high ratio of bookings is to create your own ad on Google ad words. The best aspect of this venue is that you can begin, end, pause and delete at any time.
betty

Post by betty »

we found [admin edit] to offer a very good service that proves to be very flexible and offers online images, unlimited text and a link to our own website. We also found them to be very helpful with our enquiries. We are also listed on chez nous, but think they cost a lot for very little, especially as it is difficult and time consuming to update the information and images online with them.

Im not very computer literate but had registered with [admin edit] online had added our gite images and my property text added in ten minutes in the user area, its also very easy to update the property information using the website template. We have had a number of enquiries made through the site over the christmas period already for bookings in the new year. Which we are really pleased about because we are still on the free two month trial.

worth it for the free trial alone.! they cover france spain portugal and uk also. Has anyone else tried them?

[Website url has been temporarily blanked while we ascertain that this post is not abusing the forum rules]
paolo

Post by paolo »

Welcome to the forum, Sylvia and Betty! Image

That's an interesting point about vrbo. As it becomes an all-devouring monster there comes a time when there are so many properties in the same area that its effectiveness is diluted. It may get far more traffic than other sites but if that traffic is shared between hundreds of ads, it will be harder for you to get the bookings and at the price you want. Then you need to look at sites with less traffic but less competition too.
Paolo
Lay My Hat