Sponsored Web Result

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
enid

Sponsored Web Result

Post by enid »

How do you get this classification?
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

enid,

In what context?

If it's for a search engine, it sounds like something you'd pay the search engine for.
Brooke
enid

Post by enid »

I'm sure you're right about having to pay but how much and how to go about it. I did a search for our department and one gite came up as a sponsored site - which means it shows top of the page on each page of that search - an enviable position!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

What search engine did you use? What did you search for?

This could be a pay-per-click sort of thing, in which case Paolo and others are the real experts, not me.
Brooke
enid

Post by enid »

I used Ask Jeeves and I searched for Loy-et-Garonne events. Thanks for taking the time to answer my query.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hi Enid,

The Sponsored Results on AskJeeves are supplied by Google's AdWords pay-per-click programme. If you compare the ads shown on Google and AskJeeves (ask.com) for a search, they are not the same. Don't ask me why - perhaps AskJeeves is filtering for relevance, perhaps Google is serving them up differently for some reason.

You have to be keen-eyed to spot that the first lot of results are sponsored and not 'organic'. As a user I prefer the Google method of showing the ads along the right hand side, with a couple at the top in a blue box.

So if you want to know how to appear in AskJeeves's sponsored results, first you need to be running a Google pay-per-click campaign.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
enid

Post by enid »

Thanks a lot - I'm sure that there's a thread somewhere else about pay-per-click so I'll look for that