Cyprus Rentals

For topics that are specific to a country not covered above, please go here.
blue sky girl

Cyprus Rentals

Post by blue sky girl »

Hi all, just to introduce myself, I am Sue, and I have a villa in Ayia Triada on the coast road between Pernera and Kapparis. This has been my third season, and it is a great learning curve! I have had some lovely people, and some...not!
Last year was fantastic, pretty much back to back bookings, but as Angel says, there is now a huge amount of competition. The amount of building that has been going on made that pretty inevitable.
This year I had to drop my prices, and still did not have the occupancy that I had expected. I did have a lot of last minute ones though, and quite a few late ones. October is full, May was empty!
I am surprised that there are not more of us Cypriot owners on here, it's a great site.Lets see if we can get some more of us posting. [/b]
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Sue :D Welcome to LMH.
I am surprised that there are not more of us Cypriot owners on here, it's a great site.Lets see if we can get some more of us posting.
Im glad you have found us, and I hope youll find the Forum and the Forumers helpful.I know I have.

As you say it would be lovely to see some more Owners from Cyprus posting.

Take Carexxxxxxxx
davisadvent

Post by davisadvent »

hi, i'm also from cyprus, both me & my wife moved here in august 2007, we have an apartment that we rent out, it's in mandria, paphos.
my wife is making a living doing property maintenance, whilst i'm doing airport transfers from paphos airport,
(very cheap i might add), so if your looking for holiday accomadation in cyprus, give us a call, or email,

regards

chas

:D :D :D :D :D :D
J B
Location: We live in England and have rental properties in N Wales and Paphos, Cyprus

Re: Cyprus Rentals

Post by J B »

blue sky girl wrote:I am surprised that there are not more of us Cypriot owners on here,
Well, hello, we have two rental places in Tala, Paphos.

davisadvent wrote: i'm doing airport transfers from paphos airport,
(very cheap i might add)
How do you manage that without being lynched by the Cypriot taxi drivers? :wink:
davisadvent

Post by davisadvent »

hello blue sky girl.
i've never had any trouble from taxi drivers, as far as i'm concerned, it's an open market, god knows there's enough people in the u.k. doing "our" work.
are your properties in tala, long or short term?,
i do a bit of letting myself, & it's always nice to have a few extra properties in the portfolio.
(on a commission basis of course)

regards

chas
J B
Location: We live in England and have rental properties in N Wales and Paphos, Cyprus

Post by J B »

Chas

It was me you should have been replying to :lol:

Yes, we rent our places out.

Click on my www for details and contact info
churchill

Post by churchill »

:D Hi everyone, I have been a member for several months but have only just found this section. I am surprised that Cyprus is not listed as a 'by Region' country. One for the forum administrator to consider perhaps!! :lol:
blue sky girl

Cyprus Rentals

Post by blue sky girl »

HI Churchill,
Welcome to another Eastern Cyprus Owner. How is it going? I have done better than I had hoped so far this year, given the euro, water shortages, and the huge over supply of property!
churchill

Re: Cyprus Rentals

Post by churchill »

blue sky girl wrote:HI Churchill,
Welcome to another Eastern Cyprus Owner. How is it going? I have done better than I had hoped so far this year, given the euro, water shortages, and the huge over supply of property!
Hi Blue Sky Girl, Had a look at your site, very impressive, where abouts are you in ayia triada?
blue sky girl

Hi Churchill

Post by blue sky girl »

Likewise,very envious of your site! I have made a resolution that I will somehow have my own website this year.
I am very impressed that you offer to take your guests to the airport, don't know if I can cope with that.
How long have you had your house? and whereabouts in Pernera?
I am in Ayia Triada on the coast road a bit further down from Crystal Springs hotel, near the Lost Borders bar.
When are you next out in Cyprus.
churchill

Hi Blue Sky Girl

Post by churchill »

The airport transport offer is due to the fact that I am a p/t taxi driver, and the offer is only to those living locally in my area. I see it as a sort of incentive to book!!!. Our villa in in Pernera Bay, on a small complex just a little further up from Hogi's Bar (my fave haunt) and opposite Doros Car Rental. I will probably go out for a week around mid march to check things over and Jan and I are going out on 31 May for 15 days. We generally go again in mid to late October.
Angel

Post by Angel »

Hi both

Sorry to tell you that Hogi's is closed. They are returning to Scotland for the sake of their grandson.

Our place is in Kapparis but I'm not taking bookings this year as we have problems with the apartment complex and I don't want disappointed guests.
churchill

Hi All

Post by churchill »

Hogi's CLOSED - that's a disaster, do you know if they are returning for the season?
Angel

Post by Angel »

My info comes from what's posted on other forums.They are still in Cyprus but they have not renewed their lease and are planning to return to Scotland with Jack (who's found it tough).
churchill

Hi Marion

Post by churchill »

I spoke to John on the phone on Friday eve, and as you say they are still in Kapparis. Like a few other owners John and Pam were concerned at the likely poor level of business they would achieve this summer. Apparently the owner of the restaurant, Panikos, refused to consider a rent reduction so they decided to lock up shop. John did say that they may have the opportunity to take on something else on in Kapparis if they could resolve a legal issue. It's a case of watch this space. What other forums are your referring to in your post?