My Website - comments please

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
davedeighan

My Website - comments please

Post by davedeighan »

I built this using Moonfruit. It took a while and a good few attempts but we are now so close to it that we have no idea whats good bad or ugly - so any comments gratefully received!

Kind Regards

D&V
www.villalacascade.com
never do today what you can do tomorrow
e-richard

Post by e-richard »

No idea what moonfruit is, but the end result is very nice, neat and tidy. I found everything I needed quite easily.

Small point: I don't think there is a word "copywright" - should be copyright, although some people use copywrite (which I think is also wrong)
** Richard
PIMS: Holiday Rental Management system
They say we learn from our mistakes. That makes me a genius !
greenfrog

Post by greenfrog »

Hi Dave,

I like the site. It's very clear and easy to find the info one wants. Your photos are great and the place looks gorgeous.

I love your "send to a friend" link from your guest page. Very smart. I must see if I can do something similar on mine!

A few points re language, mostly pedantic stuff but that's me. :)
Might I suggest that you change the home page strap to "Languedoc, southern France" ? It seems clearer to me than "the south of france" esp with an unnecessary cap T.

I think your second line: "With magnificent views...." is too long. Cut it in two and it will be easier to read.
Grammatically, it's an "activity-packed" holiday with a hyphen. And barbecue is spelt with a "c" not a "q" (on the Pool & Garden page).

And yes, "copywright" - should be copyright. (e-r, copywriting is what advertising writers do.) And, as far as I'm aware, you have to put the correct copyright symbol and name who owns the copyright for it to have any legal status.

A few of your interior shots look less sharp than the outdoor ones. I don't know if that was in the resizing. It's not a big problem but the outdoor ones are so lovely and crisp that I noticed the difference. You should include meta tags on your photos to maximise search engine exposure.

I would like a bigger map. The small one you have situates the villa but it would be nice to get a true idea of how near you are to Perpignan etc.

Most of these are little things. Overall, I think your site is very clear and easy to navigate. And the place looks fab!

Best of luck with it.
GF.

ps I love what you've done with the cottage in Wicklow too.
Lounging on the lily pad...
KerryL

Post by KerryL »

Hi

Your villa is gorgeous and the site is lovely and really easy to use.

The photographs are beautifully done, especially the exterior shots & give a real flavour of the place, but I agree that some are a little fuzzy which is a shame.

I personally think anyone considering booking would like to see more photos, particularly the living room and kitchen. The question is how you would fit them in without spoiling the simplicity of the pages.

K
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Hi there

Firstly welcome to LMH and what a gorgeous place you have.

I would agree with the point above about wanting to see more photos - although admittedly that would be tricky with your layout. I love the close-up 'concept' shots, say of the dining table, very atmospheric, but perhaps people would wish to see more long-shots of the key areas, as previously mentioned.

You've decorated the villa beautifully and I would just say that I think the bedroom shots look a little dark. I'm sure you're trying to highlight the lovely sunlight, but the first one imparticular might just give people the impression that the room could be dark on cloudier days, when I'm sure is not the case as it's just the contrast of the lighting that's making the left side of the image that much darker. I'm sure our resident prof photographer Jimbo might add his opinion if he comes across this thread.

One other very minor thing which is that on the reservations page, by the last para, there's a scroll bar, but I didn't need it as everything fitted on my screen - that might just be my screen size so ignore me if so.

Otherwise, well done on creating a lovely, stylish site and very best of luck with your rentals.

ATB
Beanie
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Bill Withers sang:
Ain't no sunshine when she's gone, And she's always gone too long.
Sunshine, which adds such sparkle to exterior pictures, is less welcome indoors - particularly with small interiors where it tends to dominate the shot. The bedroom pictures could be much improved by the use of a editing programme (like photoshop) to even out the contrast and a wider lens. My preferred approach is to avoid the excessive contrast problem by shooting interiors on days without sunshine.

Good use of long, middle-distance and close-up photos on this attractive site.

Jim
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Jimbo, I agree. We retook some interior shots in the summer, and they were far less successful than the ones we took in winter. They made the apartment look dark and dingy.
CSE

Post by CSE »

Moonfruit
Is an online website builder.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
gabfest

Bigger Font please

Post by gabfest »

I like your site but i think it would not hurt to use bigger font, it is just so difficult to read!
There is often a lot more room in your frames
More storcks in Munster than anywhere else in Alsace.
casarosa

advice on my website

Post by casarosa »

hi, I would appreciate any feedback on my website:

www.casa-rosa.it

Thanks