Wierd search criteria

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Mouse

Wierd search criteria

Post by Mouse »

I'm often amazed at the search phrases used by people. Checking today I found this one; what would you ask first when you arrive at beach

I can't imagine what they expected to be returned for that. However our page was 8th as it picked up the words 'you arrive'. :P

Our blog is the funniest. We pop up on such wierd searches....ibiza topless is particularly regular from the arab countries! (they must be very disappointed when they click in to see we're talking about something entirely different) also 'spider on acid' is high on the list (sadly they only get a photo of a spider!)

What have been the oddest searches you've experienced?

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

'What is ideal swimming pool temperature' is one cropping up a lot at the moment. I'm about 7 on Google for some wierd reason.
'dog swimming pools leeds area' was a very strange one and thankfully my site seems to have dropped down the SEO for 'cottaging in the UK' as I haven't had that one for a while now.
Martha

Post by Martha »

I wonder if you ever get anyone for your picture of Ibiza Rocks - that made me chuckle :)

Looking through, I see someone who got here with "vegans are superb!" and then clearly liked what they saw - spent ages looking round!
Chalet la Foret, Chamonix
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

I wonder if you ever get anyone for your picture of Ibiza Rocks - that made me chuckle
We do Martha! :lol:

Sadly they're disappointed that instead of seeing info on live music they see a photo of a pile of rocks!!

No wonder we have a 70% click out rate :P

Mousie
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!