Would someone kindly review my site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Beverley

Would someone kindly review my site

Post by Beverley »

Hi well i have taken the plunge and i am putting my site to all those who would like to take a look at it!

Can i just say though before all you lovely people come back i know there are no pictures of the interior as yet, this is because we are either decorating that particular area, or the pictures i have taken are not good enough! (My thought was no pictures are better than bad pictures!).

The site is still in its infant state, and i have yet more pages to add, availability and how to get there are just two of them! :wink:

Please take a look and let me know what you think!

Beverley :?

my website details are www.normandyrentals.co.uk

Look forward to hearing from anyone!
Stu

Post by Stu »

Hi Beverley,

firstly, many thanks for your review of our website. Lots of very valid points to chew on there. And no, I don't take offence! Cheers for your input!

I admit, I've only had a very quick look at your site, but was struck by two things.

You mention that holidays can be started on any day of the week, and I was wondering how you'd be able to manage this while trying to keep a full-ish diary of bookings?

Secondly, there's a very minor spelling mistake at the bottom of the 'Tariffs' page, where you sau 'you deposit', rather than 'your deposit'.

Sorry it's not an 'in-depth' critique, I hope to have some time later to have a good look.

First impressions are though of a promising page. Well done!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Beverley,

Agreed, this site does have a lot of promise!

Not including interior pictures and such, I have two main suggestions:

Have you tried using a table with a border of 0 rather than a border of 1? It might look a little less compartmentalized and more like a brochure.

Your top navigation menus are done in Flash. Why is that? What does it add to your page? What happens when someone who doesn't have Flash navigates to your page? They may be able to use the text links on the Home page, but those aren't on every page, and they'll otherwise probably see odd blank spaces where the menu should be. I recommend text links instead -- Flash isn't usually necessary for a rental site.

Oh, and one other thing about the menus: they aren't the same on every page -- presumably because the link to the page one is actually on isn't there. That's a very good idea in principle, but in practice it tends to be confusing. Better to at least add a placeholder button/text, in my opinion.

I do think your homepage is very nice -- especially your text! Very friendly, informative, and optimized for search engines. Well done! In fact over the whole of your site there's a lot of good information -- excellent!

Sorry I don't have time to look at the page in more depth -- but I'm sure others will chime in and we'll all together give a thorough review.

Cheers!
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

Looks good and I especially like the way you present the local activities and attractions with pics - that really spells out what you are talking about.

Don't forget to show the views you mention when you upload more pics.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

I like that your site is simple and to the point.

Unfortunately I dont like the fact that it looks so structured - overly so. It takes away from the warmth of the place and the valuable message your bringing across through the pictures.

If you could get rid of the table look it would be much better.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Beverley

My website reviews!

Post by Beverley »

Firstly I want to thank everyone for their comments. It is really good to hear what other people think of the site! I have taken on board lots of your ideas, and am in the processing of changing the site, but as you all know this is not a two minute job!

Please keep looking, I am off to France for my hols, to take some more pictures and to have some R and R.

Thanks everso.

Kind regards

Beverley :)
enid

Post by enid »

Have a good holiday - I will wait 'till you have had chance to post some of those lovely photos you are going to take before I have a look at your site - don't forget to tell us when you have done the redraft.