Spurious booking enquiry

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Ju

Spurious booking enquiry

Post by Ju »

Received a booking enquiry yesterday evening (well midnight) exactly 9 hours before the renewal email for the listing site it was generated from. Coincidence?

We have had emails like this before when adverts are up for renewal, anyone else get them?

Ju
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Ju - I have had this in the past, just as we were hum'ing and ha'ing about whether to renew with Holiday Rentals. We had 3 come in within days, having not had any for a long while and I was highly suspicious. However, two of them went onto book so I was pleasantly suprised.

I'd take it further and see how you go with it.

I'm sure this type of thing does go on though.

Beanie.
Marks

Post by Marks »

Oh yes. I decided not to renew one of my listings this year mainly because I'd nothing from them for about 5 months. A sudden flurry of activity just before renewal and then for a week after and then nothing..........
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Oddly enough, yes, usually from Homelidays, but they perform reasonably well for me anyway, and wouldn't need to persuade me (next time might be a different story though) . I received one the day before my listing expired with their sister site Holidaylets too, only it turned that one was genuine and they booked.
Ju

Post by Ju »

Don't get me wrong - I replied to it in the same way I always would. But it was one of those with no extra questions, no personal note just the date and the number of people. It was from French Connections, and since we haven't had a booking from them in a long time we aren't renewing. Even if this does turn into a booking, it is for the peak period next year which we can book 10 times over anyway.
cc

Post by cc »

Maybe the listing site puts you higher in the ranking just before renew date.
You don't have to write something on every thread, do you?
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

That's a thought - it would be quite a smart move on their part!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
cc

Post by cc »

Yeah, it seems to happen to too many people on different listing sites to be a coincidence.
As agents rather than owners I doubt they miss a trick.
You don't have to write something on every thread, do you?
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi Ju :) .
We have had emails like this before when adverts are up for renewal, anyone else get them?
I did touch on this
viewtopic.php?t=5610&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=30

A friend of mine who advertises on H Lets was convinced that she had had 'odd enquiries' which didnt seem legit and wondered if others had had the same.............. :roll:
I think shes decided not to renew in any case........ :roll
TTP mk2

Re: Spurious booking enquiry

Post by TTP mk2 »

Ju wrote:Received a booking enquiry yesterday evening (well midnight) exactly 9 hours before the renewal email for the listing site it was generated from. Coincidence?

Ju
Yes from Homelidays, but it did turn into a booking, nothing from them since though.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

I had a flurry of enquiries within several days of each other from French women, and just before our subscription with H-R was about to expire. All for weeks already booked and all from Abritel, which is part of H-R. 8)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be