Toilet Seats

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Ju

Toilet Seats

Post by Ju »

I thought I'd better mover the discussion before complaints arrived about being off topic.

I seem to have a problem with toilet seats. It all starts when the bathrooms are fitted by the plumber. The seats that were provided are fine, but the lid bit was very flexible. Guest #1 (ie the first guests we'd ever had) went through one in about 5 mins. So we replaced both loos in that property.

One loo seat in the other property had always had the problem of the seat falling down whilst proped up. Not something that ever affected me, but the other half had started to notice, so that needed changing.

Then there is the constant problem of the wobbly loo seat. I've tried all the different types of fittings but they all seem to wobble in the end.

We now allow for loo seat changes in our annual maintenance budget, I think we go through about 4 a year. Am I doing something wrong here, or do we have guests who wriggle more than most?

Ju
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Interesting... as far as I know ours are fine!

We did have to replace the flushing mechanism on our main toilet -- the pull lever kept getting pulled too far and then the mechanism wouldn't quite seal back up, so we were getting a constant trickle of water into the toilet. But I believe that was just because the original mechanism was really old -- it works well now.

Perhaps the seats are from a low-quality brand or something?
Brooke
tansy

Post by tansy »

we throw out the seats provided by the plumber and put in a seat that is reasonable!!! They are chaep nasty ones that come with the loo from the plumbers.

Also Feung Shui......NEVER EVER have your loo seat up - all your wealth goes down the toilet!!! I have a complete fetish over this - EVERY where I go I close loo lids - my husband is that well trained even he tells me when a lid is up!!!

:roll:

:) :) :)

so, you want the money - close the loo seat!!!! :lol: :lol:
enid

Post by enid »

I thought of moving this thread but then I went out for aperitifs - which as usual just went on and on! I don't think I'm going to win the number of loos competition but can I start the loo with a view thread? Well I would if anyone advised me how to post an image!!! Do I sound like someone who has just had aperitifs french style?![/img]
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Ooh, I've got some lovely loos with views too, one stretches for miles across a valley- I'm just waiting for someone to say " oh,this bathroom's got clear glass and there are no curtains" aaaagh!!!
Mmmm, loo seats,they are usually pretty yucky that the plumbers provide.We've replaced one with a better quality just in case- which gives us the horrid( But new) one as a spare just in case!! We've left the rest and will play "wait and see".
:wink:
tansy

Post by tansy »

can't wait Enid....there are instruction on the forum how to post pictures...it was quite early on - I think if you look under round of introductions in the cafe Soodyer explained it all....if you don't find it I'm sure Paolo or Soodyer will re explain?

I have only one loo with a part view - just into our courtyard and garden...so I'm out of this one :(
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

HI, I've posted "How to Host an Image" in the tech & suggestions section. Maybe we should make it a sticky topic??

PM me if any probs with the instructions though.