Access Statement

For topics that are specific to the UK and Ireland, please go here
Jules

Access Statement

Post by Jules »

Can anyone tell me whether we have a legal obligation to produce an Access Statement for our property, and if so how much detail do we have to go into. I notice on the Visit Britain Site there is a template and some samples but they seem very detailed, and therefore very long.
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

I think only if you're graded by the Tourist Board do you need an access statement.

www.northwalesholidaylets.co.uk
Windy

Post by Windy »

I don't think it is a legal obligation like the Fire Risk Assessment yet but it only took me about 10 minutes to edit the template I use for our new lodge.

I think it is a useful thing to put on your web site as it shows you are a caring owner.

You can pinch mine from
http://www.windermerecabin.co.uk/access.htm if you want - it's based on the VB templates I think - I was given it by someone else
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Windy wrote:
You can pinch mine from
http://www.windermerecabin.co.uk/access.htm if you want - it's based on the VB templates I think - I was given it by someone else
Thanks I will use your access statement as a template as it gives potential guests all the info they should need regarding access, could I also pinch your Fire Assement statement, if you don't mind, I have been working on one but could do with having a look at someone elses to get an idea what to do, thanks it's very much appreciated
Windy

Post by Windy »

Of course you can :lol:

I got mine from someone else - just pass it on - rental karma :lol: