Latest Scams - Please beware

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
PaulHigham

Latest Scams - Please beware

Post by PaulHigham »

These 3 scammers have recently posted through our servers. Please dont get caught out with this garbage.

michealrooben@yahoo.com

Hello,
I Crave your indulgence in such surprising manner In response to your advert on your apartment for rent.I work for Bridgestone Construction Company
in new zeland and i am coming to your country official assignment in June.And I am being posted to your area.I will like to rent your apartment for the period of (PER MONTH,PER WEEK AND PER DAY) that I will be staying your country.Pls do give me the following information.
1.A brief discription of the apartment.
2.Your price
3.The address of the apartment
Pls i will like to inform you that i will be paying through a check because that is the only means of payment my company will provide.
I will be waiting for your response on this.
Hope to hear from you in Earnest.
Best regards....
micheal

cornelljones23@yahoo.com
Hello,
We are couple going for our honeymoon,we are located in UK we saw your advert on the web (blankedourname).com we need a condo, duplex,apartment,cottage or townhouse in a secure and serene enviroment to rent for two-three months pending how long we will be staying.provide us in detail,the complete informations about the property physical address directions or preferably a map quest.Also state your fixed rent per month as our finacier who is based in the US will be respossible for payment. and detailed information about the neigbourhood,and state your mode of payment. Please,give us a reply to know if you will be of help to us.
Waiting to hear from you swiftly,
Jones and Vanessa.

tonyjohnsonesq@yahoo.co.uk
Good day Sir/Madam,
I am Barrster Tony Johnson of TJ investments,london .I need to book reservation in your Apartments.

Cheers
Paul
Emdee

Post by Emdee »

These tw**s are getting advice or prompts from somewhere.

Even a blindman in the dark with sunglasses on can see through these, methinks.

Presumably, there are some who get taken by this? Something must fuel or perpetuate these.

I suppose they could come clean and state "we are Nigerian/Kenyan/whatever and would like to know if you would like to chance your money and/or freedom on a laundering scam?"

I'm ranting, I know.