Crewise

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
Been scammed

Crewise

Post by Been scammed »

Hi fellow forum users. I found this site and was not suprised to see the name Crewise appear. Firstly before we go any furthur. DO NOT deal with these people! They claim to have links to BA, Virgin, Comet, Apple etc but when i questioned this they seemed to get very ratty and was suprised that i had to question them. I Got a call from a Jenny Polacco claiming she had found my website and loved it and thought we would do really well on her site. Anyways after alot of talking, which looking back now was just complete crap, i signed up to a 12 month contract with them and paid them £399 to appear on their site and newsletters. After three weeks i had NO hits from Crewise and phoned to see what more i could do. Again Jenny got very jumpy and said to give it time. I then magically had hits left right and centre from Crewise everytime i questioned them. I asked to see thier stats to see just how people use them etc and was told "oh we can't do that". After this i beacme more and more suspicous. I then found various blogs and forums on crewise and learnt that they have been takien to court twice by a company called Dutch By Design and have LOST twice for Breach of contract. Safe to say you live and learn! My advice is plain and simple DO NOT DEAL WITH CREWISE.Sorry for long speech but i really do feel for people that have been taken in by them.If anyone has had dealings with them PLEASE GET IN TOUCH as iam currently putting a case together to approach Watchdog on BBC1.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

I was called by them a while ago, and questioned them too. They definitely introduced themselves as British Airways Crewise, but when I mentioned I already advertise on BA intranet, they then changed their mind and said they worked for others too. Fortunately I already knew of them, but I wouldn't spend that much on advertising anyway.
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Hi ........I knew this rang a bell..

viewtopic.php?t=4080&highlight=crewise

viewtopic.php?t=4311&highlight=crewise

I think we thought at one point that they might be connected with Force travel and leisure. another group that used to be/are full of false promises..........

Good luck with your pursuit of these, and thanks for posting the warning.

Also welcome to the Forum..you never know maybe you will stick around... :wink:
aprat from each other
this made me smile, 'many a true word' and all that!!

Take Care
Austria

Post by Austria »

Crew-wise rang up a few weeks ago, they claimed to be a company set up by British Airways crew, they said they had lots of people who wanted to come and stay, if I advertised with them. I was a bit dubious and declined to take up their offer. Very glad now.
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

May I suggest this goes into the Listing Sites section or it may be missed and it seems to be rather important. I'm sure we are all grateful for your posting and equally sorry you got caught by them.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

Youre right Chianti :wink:
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

Just had a thought, haven't time myself, can anyone check if Crewise are connected with Force Travel & Leisure, but certainly British Airways should be told that they are claiming to be set up by their crew.

Let's just hope that no one else gets caught. :evil:
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/bu ... keoff.html -

Noticed Been Scammed has no website listed and this is their first post - just an observation

www.northwalesholidaylets.co.uk
KerryL

Post by KerryL »

I have been phoned twice by Crewise - on both occasions the calls came through a couple of weeks after each of my properties appeared on holiday rentals. Worryingly this would suggest to me they target owners new to the business to get their sales.
All I did was check out the 5 or 6 properties they had listed in the same town as mine - none of which had any bookings at all on their availability calendars. So I declined their offer.
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Well, the article posted by Apex blue makes them look genuine enough.

But we seem to have 3 threads discussing this company.

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'
paolo

Post by paolo »

I am closing this thread so we only have one discussing Crewise, which is this one:
viewtopic.php?t=4311
Paolo
Lay My Hat