What the users Say

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Mac

What the users Say

Post by Mac »

I thought that all owners of French Properties should read this note and its comments.(Link below) It demonstrates that online users are happy to refer/make enquiry, if they have a good online experience. Well done to French Connections.
McMac

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/internet-sites/ ... k/1005977/
McMac
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I'm glad FC works for someone, it certainly hasn't worked for me as a property owner this year and I won't be renewing my subscription with them.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Hi Mac,

Welcome to the forum!

Are you affiliated with FC in any way?

Our personal experience has been that FC is not effective this year as it was last year. Still, it is effective enough that we will be renewing again.

Cheers!
Brooke
Ju

Post by Ju »

I'm with you Brooke

FC hasn't performed as well this year as it did last year, but it still brought in some bookings so we will renew. Visit France is in my opinion a much better site, and has brought in much more bookings this year.

Ju
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

I also am very unhappy with FC and did not renew my subscription when it came up last month.

90% of my bookings have come through Visit France and I am now booked up until mid-September (and have had only one empty week since 15th March).
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Oh dear (I wonder if the Traffic Warden will move me on? :wink: ). I thought Visit France was really good and have widely recommended them however now that you can no longer upload your own pictures I have hit a snag! I e-mailed new piccies, they were uploaded for me (no charge) however the new captions weren't uploaded with them .My Visit France ad now looks so amateurish! The front of the house picture reads "en-suite shower room", some captions are gibberish! I have repeatedly e-mailed and I have rung up and spoken to someone who was very nice and said she'd deal with it- all to no avail! I get no replies to my e-mails. This is such a pity. They are not cheap either,but I didn't mind if the site worked for me.It did until about a month ago :cry:
Mac

what user say

Post by Mac »

My note has no axe to grind in any direction. I just thought that you guys in the French market should read the note.
Mac
McMac
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi.Quick update.I rang Ben at VF today and he said that he gets too many e-mails to reply,he is busy promoting the site.He told me to read the Terms and Conditions and said only limited support is given .He then said that all captions from everyone's pictures are going to be removed soon anyway.
paolo

Post by paolo »

Fraise wrote:Hi.Quick update.I rang Ben at VF today and he said that he gets too many e-mails to reply,he is busy promoting the site.He told me to read the Terms and Conditions and said only limited support is given .He then said that all captions from everyone's pictures are going to be removed soon anyway.
I haven't used this site, but with this reply I am not going to!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
paolo

Post by paolo »

Mac,

Your initial post is so peculiar in this thread that I had a look at the email you used to register here. And surprise, surprise, it turns out you work for tmg.co.uk, an online consultancy that is working for....yes, that's right...French Connections.

Shame on you and a black mark to French Connections. Spamming forums is not the way to increase market share for your clients, you will find it has the opposite effect.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

It's such a shame Paolo the way it's gone because they all seemed such nice people ( well, I spoke to 3 of them, I don't think there are many more- it's a small outfit).I think they did want to promote their site and be a success but the client seems to be lost in the middle now! Maybe I was just unlucky. I suppose if I hadn't had the picture problem I wouldn't have had this experience and I would still be extolling their virtues! Perhaps it still works well for most others? I've not had enquiries lately from VF but then obviously things have quietened down a bit- having said that I've had quite a few enquiries from other sites- sadly all for weeks already long booked :-(
As I said, such a shame.....I was made to feel like a timewaster,I was really amazed when he told me to read the terms and conditions! When I signed up you could load and amend your pictures yourself so this was never an issue!
enid

Post by enid »

Lucky for the folks like me with limited experience in this game to have you watching out for these guys Paolo. It seems that a lot of people have been unhappy with French Connections so that's them off my list once and for all!!
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

I guess it just goes to show you that instincts are very often right. I knew there was something fishy about that post.

I wonder if TMG is responsible for FC's controversial site re-design! And I wonder if the administrators of FC itself knew about this.
Brooke
Mac

Post by Mac »

My postings on this forum and others are my personal views and a chance to share a common interest in the independent travel sector trends and feedback. If people want to take them out of context and misrepresent my intentions, I cannot stop them. The suggestions made are totally wrong in relation to French Connection. I clearly provided a link to another persons posting to highly what some user are saying. And if you look at other posting they are equally me sharing information, this time about what is going on in Canada, I repeat with no axe to grind.
McMac
tansy

Post by tansy »

Mac - sorry - even if you have not got an axe to grind...it would help if you spoke in a clear manner - I still don't understand your last post - I've read it out loud 3 times...maybe I'm just missing the point as FC seem to do fairly frequently...when we have house for rental - spooky this - we need bookings to make money - if we don't get bookings we don't make money...if FC don't have any traffic for us we cannot afford to use them...end of story.

I don't use vrbo for this very reason...I'm not going to take a chance with FC having read all the adverse publicity - even with them banging on about the new web site...they haven't and at the moment don't deliver.

Please don't attempt to upset the applecart here on this forum...this is a place where folk can really share their experiences - there is no aggression whatsoever - just good humour and folk genuinely learning from each other.

Share by all means...[/i]