Another new memder

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
ray & sarah

Another new memder

Post by ray & sarah »

Hi everyone,

We would appreciate comments on our website please, it is always good to get an unbiased eye to check things out. OUr site can be found at: www.haydaysfloridavilla.com

Thanks.
Ray & Sarah :)
enid

Post by enid »

Have managed to have a quick look at your site. I like the colour scheme, fonts, text size and photos. I like the floor plans but found it a bit long winded to click on it for my photos. I tried the virtual tour but it took ages to load - I have a very slow connection! - and then it froze!!!

I do try to leave my school teaching days as far behind me as I can but 'comprises of can still have me reaching for the red correcting pen!! You don't need 'of' with 'comprises'. (Does that sound like an ex teacher remark!!!)

I also think I would rearrange the menu a little - I'd have all the house and region details first then availability and then terms - I felt that I was heavily into legal things on page 2 and I'd still not decided whether I liked the property or not!

I think this looks a great property in a good location. Iliked the on line brochure - can I steal this idea?!
marcus

Post by marcus »

Hi

Just had a look at your website, and think its very good. As Enid said the brochure idea is very good (can I create a PDF file with OpenOffice I wonder?)

Here we have high speed internet and I thought the virtual tour was also very good, what more could a person want to know about a property - and how many rooms would stand up to 360 degree scrutiny in every room. Very good.

The only thing I didn't like and never do like is background pictures eg your links page and contacts page which just make text hard to read. Oh yes I also agree with previous comment about the legal stuff - I'd put it somewhere further out of the way.

I will add our site for review shortly, the thing about high speed connection is especially interesting, because once you have it you test your own site and think how quick it is without necessarily thinking about other visitors.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Marcus,

The simple answer is "Yes" but I think you need to create a PDF Printer Option first. Go to:-

http://www.openoffice.org/about_us/new.html

Do a search on PDF and you will find discussion groups and advice on creating PDF files.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Alan
ray & sarah

Post by ray & sarah »

Enid & Marcus, good point about the order of the pages, will move the terms & conditions page down the list, hadn't thought of it that way.

Enid, sure go ahead and use the on-line brochure idea.

Thanks for the comments guys, keep em coming. :D
Ju

Post by Ju »

I just tried to view you site. After a slow download, I got the main picture and then alot of white page with a small picture in the middle. The text is there if I scroll down.

I use Firefox browser so it could be that I suppose.

The other pages seem ok though.

Ju
Renata

Post by Renata »

Loved it!!!

Loved you header...loved your page content...

Would change the font in the header to make it stand out. or put font under picture

Nice job!!

Renata
Renata Gozdziak
Chicago Illinois---Daytona Beach Florida