new combo review

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
apple

Post by apple »

Our place has a double bedroom and a twin room. We have furnished it out in very good quality furniture because we didnt think we would ever rent it out. It was just for family. The setees are excellent quailty and i dont want people sleeping on them, also the gas/ellec is all included.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

catherinedonegal wrote:but if your rental is for the property does it matter if they have 1 or 2 extras? you know, it doesn't cost you (the renter) anything extra if the electricty/fuel etc. is an extra.
The received wisdom is that an all-in price (ie including electricity) is more attractive to the majority of holiday-makers. "Add-ons" of such a basic as power especially, are seriously off-putting, especially in these budget-conscious times. :)

Agree with you though that if there is under-occupancy and the group has paid the full going rate, they're still entitled to use all the accommodation. We can't have it both ways, much as we'd love to!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

I agree with you, Catherine, that it doesn't matter if six people use all the beds if they have rented a house for 10. They have in effect rented the whole house. Our cottages sleep 5-6 and we often have the scenario where a couple book the cottage and friends come and stay for part of the week. No problem at all.

What does annoy me is when people try to "squeeze" extra people in. Probably different if you have an enormous house with lots of extra space. Our cottages have seating/sleeping/dining, etc for 5 or 6. Yes, there's enough plates, glasses,etc to feed an army, but if more than 5 or 6 people are staying, it is a squeeze and it will probably affect the quality of their stay ... and, who knows, I might be to blame for that :lol: .
apple

Post by apple »

I actually meant if i advertise it for 4 people all incl, how do i know they are not bring 6 people and getting 2 to sleep on the couch.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

hi Apple - unless you have someone who checks then you'll never know, you'll just have to trust them. I would think it would be very rare...so don't worry yourself too much

Mouse
x
One martini, two martini, three martini floor!
LaVilleauTady

Post by LaVilleauTady »

but if your rental is for the property does it matter if they have 1 or 2 extras? you know, it doesn't cost you (the renter) anything extra if the electricty/fuel etc. is an extra.
Wise words Catherine.

There are a lot of things you could worry about when renting your property, but I'm not going too!

I say our place can sleep 7 max, but I'm not on site (not even in the country), so have no way of enforcing this. We rented to a group of doctors one New Year and found far more names in the guest book than had been declared on the booking form, but it didn't make a jot of difference to us.

We do have a lot of space, and I suppose if people wanted to sleep on sofas etc they could probably get 11 in. If it happens it happens. Some of the most destructive parties have been those operating well within the numbers limit.