Accommodation wanted...

Post scam emails to warn other rental owners, or if you are not sure if an enquiry is genuine, put it up here and see what others think.
marcus

Accommodation wanted...

Post by marcus »

copy of email received from holidaylets this am, we don't have availability but if someone here wants to help Jeff feel free to ring him on the number given...or perhaps not

Hello,
How are u today?well hope all is well...i am glad i could get some contact with u through the internet so soon...well am a tourist and i intend coming to ur country soon....i hope i could get ur appartment as soon as possible cuz i have not much time to spend here in Kent UK where i have been for some 4months from now......well i need to carry out a research in ur country and i wish for a nice appartment just as good as urs seems..but i need to know how soon i can get that prepapred for my arrival if my company in UK here could speak with u directly and be sure before any payment would be made out to u cuz of some un-secured internet programes lately.....well i would hope this appartment is as good as i have read about it........plz let me have ur direct contact information....email addresses and phone numbers and plz try to be quick in replying me........u can reach me through my yahoo mail box(jeffers50m@yahoo.com).......plz let me know if i could rent this "apt" for some 3 months i would be staying in ur country,thanks......awaits ur soonest reply.
Urs sinecere,
Jeff Moore
here is my contact phone number plz feel free to call me at anytime for any further questions......(+447031944870),thanks.

Best regards,

Jefferson Moore (jeffers50m@yahoo.com)
Telephone: +447031944870
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Wow -- the UK phone number is the only thing that doesn't set off the mental alarms for me. Are there many scammers resident in the UK or could this be some sort of forwarding number?
Brooke
PeeJay

Post by PeeJay »

Received exact same one last night.

Do not dail the number. They will then have your mobile number and you will be pestered with scam calls and texts selling cons.

plus its a premium rate number and you will have a huge bill for the call and they will make money from this :twisted: :twisted:

Pete
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Ah -- okay, a toll number. That's the last piece of the puzzle, then.

Jerks. :?

It's so nice to have this forum as a warning for these types of things.
Brooke