Please review my site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Ciapolin

Please review my site

Post by Ciapolin »

OK, deep breath, here goes!

I would be grateful for any feedback on my site. It isn't live yet, but can be reached on this link:

http://www.piedmont-holidays.com/index1.html

The photos will be replaced once the building work is finished and I have already picked up a few typos, but I would be grateful if you could let me have your thoughts.

Many thanks,

Carole-Anne
enid

Post by enid »

I really loved it - the colours were great - white background with clear text and those gentle aubergine shades for the menu etc. The best thing for me was the loading speed - we have a very slow connection and everything including photos loaded very quickly. I really would like to see the development - waht's the weather like Nov or Feb when we take our holidays?! I would like a map so I could place you exactly.
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

It tends to rain in November - hard! and in Feb the weather is cold - skiiing is about 1 1/2 hours away! That said, when the sun comes out it can be warm enough to sit outside!

Thanks for the comments - I will look into finding a map.

C-A
Ju

Post by Ju »

Nice site, clear and consise. I like the colour scheme.

I would also like a map.

Perhaps you could pad out the home page a little. Once you get photos this would be the place to put some.

Hope this helps.

Ju
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Carole-Anne,

I also found it light and refreshing!

I didn't see any picture captions, though -- I would like to see that.

I love the map idea!

One small thing: On my Linux-based Firefox, the "Bookings & Contact" text doesn't fit inside the menu box; the word "Contact" is in the white space between the menu and the e-mail submission box. Actually, I didn't notice it at first because the "Contact" title looks like it's associated with the e-mail box, so it looks appropriate!

Also, because I looked at every page, the phrase "A basic larder awaits you..." started to feel repetitive. Perhaps you could vary the copy a bit more between apartments, because most people looking at this site will want to browse further and will likely see all three apartment pages.

All in all, though, very minor comments on a job very well done. :)

Cheers!
Brooke
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Thanks for the feedback - Much as I would like to, I can't claim all the glory because I have used a web designer. Also thanks has to go to this forum, where I've picked up so much useful info.

C-A
Renata

Post by Renata »

Very tightly put together.
Everything works nicely together and I have seamless transition from page to page.
If I were a serious renter, I would favor a site that allows views from inside the rental.
I want to see where my children would be sleeping, where I would be preparing meals and where our family time would be spent.
Your rentals would have more appeal if I could picture myself living within them
Renata Gozdziak
Chicago Illinois---Daytona Beach Florida
paolo

Post by paolo »

Carole-Anne,

I think your designer has done a good job on this. it is easy to navigate, very clear, easy on the eye.

It will of course look even better when the apartments are finished and you have internal pics.

Here are a few notes I made when looking through:

- If I were a designer I would make that food picture clearer in the box on welcome packs. It doesn't say 'food' to me as it is, unless I really strain my eyes.

- “Famous Langhe region� – not famous enough for me to know anything about it. Best to say why it is deservingly famous, and turn it into a benefit rather than a statement.

- “with beautiful views of our local village, Cossano Belbo� – I would link from the name of your village to a page on it. Just a little photo essay to make it look and sound like somewhere you would want to be close to for your holidays.

- This summer, I would make a point of getting more pictures of everything you can that is near or far from you, then put the best ones on the site to sell the location. Not just beautiful views, but also wine festivals, village festas, markets, etc.

- As a potential renter, my concern with a barn being converted to apartments would be the lack of privacy, and I think you should smooth this over with a line on the homepage about them being separate and individual.
Paolo
Lay My Hat