Please review my site.

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
CSE

Post by CSE »

we thought so to as there are some glaring errors. Irene a little speaks French, and can see some errors there too. Although for her spotting errors in this language is a bit harder.
We wait the reply.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
escape2charente

Thanks to all

Post by escape2charente »

I think i have it reworked now so just need to change other pages.
We are using google language tools for our FR / NL pages i know they are not good but it is getting hits via google FR / NL
Will be getting both sorted next year by natives.

Hope you like the layout etc now but please do comment if something catches your eye.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Wow, that's already 100% better, well done. Very good idea to get the translations sorted by native speakers, btw.

Glad you found the WiFi logo useful :wink:
Windy

Post by Windy »

I think that must be one of the quickest turnarounds ever :lol:

Much much easier on the eye.

I'm not sure about the links to pictures - Maybe if you had a page about the gites and then a page about the surroundings you could put al the pictures inline in the page.

Also in Firefox on your activties.html page the "Some Other local Activities" text is overrunning with your menu

Being very picky shouldn't that be activities.html and shouldn't your chicken be called Louise not Lousie in the picture name - poor thing. As you can see I am now nit picking which means I quite like it :lol:

Your still have several pages using a fairly bilious green but I guess you are changing those.

On your What makes us a luxury gite" page you say
The gite has been well designed and all the
contents has been bought new for it's purpose.
We have not filled the gite with our or anybody
else's cast-offs.
That would never have occurred to me - I would REALLY take out that last sentence!

A huge improvement overall though!!!
enid

Post by enid »

A huge improvement overall though!!!
I agree - but I still think it is too complicated - and I still seethe same pictures each time I click on a different gite number. Coming on well though.
Rocket Rab

Post by Rocket Rab »

Those "it's" are still an eyesore - you can change all in first and last paras to "its".
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

Windy

I think Lousie is rather a sweet name for a chicken - Louise conjures up a vamp on a leather sofa in front of a log fire.

Er, sorry, thought it was Louisie - OK, I agree.

MG
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Much better this morning, you seem to have a colour theme on the site now. The photos on the homepage still have different borders, and I'm sure it is better if you have alt and title links on them, then they have more chance of getting picked up by google images. One thing I'm not sure of as you advertise as a child friendly gite - the words 'wifi hotspot' so blatantly may put some people off. I had a couple of people in the summer who unplugged the wifi arial in the gites - some people are still a bit wary about the radio waves.
Mountain Goat

Post by Mountain Goat »

some people are still a bit wary about the radio waves

Do they wander around with a lead bucket on their head? I mean, dodging radio waves these days you'd have to be at the South Pole. :lol:

MG
Windy

Post by Windy »

Do they wander around with a lead bucket on their head
MG - ROFL!!!

:D :D :D :D :D
escape2charente

Thanks

Post by escape2charente »

Thanks to all for your much needed help.
CSE

Re: Thanks to all

Post by CSE »

escape2charente wrote:I think i have it reworked now so just need to change other pages.
We are using google language tools for our FR / NL pages i know they are not good but it is getting hits via google FR / NL
Will be getting both sorted next year by natives.

Hope you like the layout etc now but please do comment if something catches your eye.
Glad to hear you are getting hits from the Dutch. Lets hope it turns into clients.
However as some of the wording is poor then maybe you should remove it until you have a better translation. One of us is Dutch and the other understands the language quite well, so we do mean this comment in the nicest way. There also seems to be a difference in description. On the Dutch section you talk about a bike and games consul but we cannot see anything on the English section about theses.
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
Gite Guru

seo quickie

Post by Gite Guru »

with 110 pages in google, you've clearly made some efforts in terms of SEO: http://www.google.com/search?q=site:esc ... Q&filter=0

On the good side, Google is finding all your pages, and picking up your meta descriptions, however I believe you're probably over 'stuffing' your page titles with keywords. Try optimising each page for a specific search term (I see you're doing this with your URL structures), but it needs to be continued into page titles, headers and body text. Its also worth noting that whilst the title has an SEO function, it's also the first think people see in the search results listing, so try to make it read nicely whilst doing your optimisation.

On the subject of headers, you don't have any on your pages, so search engine bots will struggle to see which text is the most important. Your page titles are simply a larger font than the rest of the text. if you put them within <h1> tags, and define the size of the tag through css, spiders will know to place importance on that text and your ranking will improve.

hth,

Dave