Good reviews

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
paolo

Good reviews

Post by paolo »

Had a good review today in a thank you email from a recent renter:

"Your home surpassed all expectations as the most wonderful place in the world."

I can't top that! It isn't strictly true but no matter - what wildly enthusiastic comments have you had? Can you improve on this?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

"Can you improve on this?"
I think so, Paolo: a recent guest told us that it was so wonderful that it "felt like being in a movie". I guess that being better than real life tops being the best in the (real) world........
Best,
Alexia.
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

ps Has anyone been told that their place feels like being in the "best movie"? - if so, I cede my place.
Best,
Alexia.
tansy

Post by tansy »

Utah Beach?!! :wink: John Wayne slept here when they made the Longest Day...

This was from an Italian who stayed:

The house was more than we believed, good beds, well equiped and an astonishing place. Where do we find such a silent and large beach for ourselves and the kids? About a 7 km beach all for us, a dream. Why did we not rent the house for a month?
enid

Post by enid »

I can't top any of those comments but I'll share my two favourites. In English - 'I'm so relaxed I can hardly be bothered to fill out this entry!' and in French - 'Merci de votre acceuil. Chaleureux - gite top- banc de repos face au bois = idée de roi!' I know that when we get folks here they love it so we'll keep working on that advertising. Just got a booking for two weeks August yesterday so we're nearly there for this year. Perhaps we deserve a break in one of your top gites!
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Short and sweet:-

"We've stayed in the rest - this is the best".
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

All I can say is that most people find it easier (and are more likely) to complain than to take the time to give a compliment (unless of course it is in person) - how many times have I thought I must right and say thank-you for a good service, but have let the opportunity slip by?

I think that adds even more weight to the comments you have all had.

C-A
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Ah, yes but.......presumably we all leave visitors' books in our houses? It's easy then for our guests to fill a page.So far I've only had fabby comments but then people are on holiday and do want to have a good time :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Hanorah

Post by Hanorah »

My favourite from Connor (age 9)

I really enjoyed Villa Hanorah. It was great fun with Suleman and I would like to thank him for taking me out on trips.

I went to Suleman’s village and played football with Turkish children. On another day we went to a hot spring in Bademli. While we were in the hot spring, suleman got talking to a fisherman. When we came out, the fisherman invited us on his boat and took us on an hour long trip around an island. The sea was so beautiful and clear you could see right through it.

Almost every day I went swimming in the Mysia Hotel pool which was really good.

One day when we were walking along the beach, my Aunty Linda got stung by a wasp on her toe. A Turkish lady came to the rescue with some ointment.

I bought my Nan some lovely earrings from the jewellers in Dikili and I’m looking forward to giving them to her.

Thank you to Suleman and Zeynep for making us so welcome and I hope I can come back next year when I will be 10.

Ahh bless....They did go back in May and had a wonderful time again.
Always Learning
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

I think so, Paolo: a recent guest told us that it was so wonderful that it "felt like being in a movie".
Alexia

I guess it depends on what movie! :wink:

Linda
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Heh, how funny -- a review like "While I was staying at your holiday home I felt like I was in the movie Brokedown Palace..."

Good for a laugh some years later, at least!

I agree with Hanorah, one of the best reviews we've gotten was from a 12 year-old, who kept going on and on about how beautiful the dragonflies were as they skimmed along the river. It was adorable.
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

Hanorah,

That review from your 9-year-old is the sort of writing professional copywriters aspire to but usually cannot attain. It also reads like a shot-by-shot summary of a fantastic TV ad for Turkey.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
tansy

Post by tansy »

well I can't ask better than this..a former US Navy family stayed at Utah Beach...they said they loved our house - but this just arrived via email...they've written to a magazine about us!

Dear R&R Travel News:   I have always wanted to see the beaches of Normandy and the American Cemetery at Omaha Beach, and this year I finally made the trip with wife Mary, our four children plus another friend.  Normandy is a beautiful and historic area.  Mary found a terrific beach cottage for our family for ten days, with room to spare, directly on Utah Beach, and no more expensive than most on-the-water beach houses in the U.S.  The website for details is www.holiday-rentals.com/index.cfm/property/10652.  A bonus is that the owners are English and live in the area, so there are no communication problems for non-French speakers like myself.  This place is truly a wonderful find for veterans who want to make this emotional visit and include their families.  We flew commercial into Paris and rented a mini-van from there, although there may be a way that your readers could combine Space-A to London and train to Paris.  I also understand there is a commercial flight from London to nearby Cherbourg.  We enjoy receiving  and reading the R&R Travel News.  Best regards.  Sam Southern  -- CAPT, JAGC, USNR (retired)

Isn't that just a wonderful review :D :D :D
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Isn't that just a wonderful review
It most certainly is!
enid

Post by enid »

There you go Tansy - doesn't that make up for the odd bad guest? Well deserved I'm sure.