Discounts for July and August - Yes or No?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Marc,
Is now really the best time to go to sites offering three month trials or is there a better period to try them in.
You're right, now probably isn't the best time -- if I had booked all of my weeks and didn't need to do it, I'd wait until January 1 to start my free trial periods.

holidaylets.net has a free trial, and although it didn't work well for me, it is a successful site and many people have been happy with it.

holiday-rentals.com (same as .co.uk) has been very successful for me, as has VRBO (and French Connections, but you're already on that, right?). Neither have free trials that I know of, so it could be worth it to start on those now if you still have unbooked weeks.

Everyone here will tell you something slightly different, though, so if you're looking for us all to agree on the best sites, that's unlikely. The best thing to do is follow the advice on viewtopic.php?t=257 and take our reviews into account once you have that list of potential rental sites.

Cheers, and congrats on booking those last-minute weeks!
Brooke
paolo

Post by paolo »

I am still really confused about where to put my advertising, I agree that I should go to a few more paid sites but I just don’t know which one to go for.

I have read all of the threads concerning advertising and also the newsletter about how to find the best sites but I still don’t know who to go for.
I really think you need to do the keyboard work in that post Brooke links to. Sites do not work the same for different locations, or even different houses in different locations. For example I swear by vrbo.com, whereas Tansy cancelled her ad with them. If you find out beforehand how well a site ranks for various searches relevant to your property, you will be minimising the chances of wasting your advertising budget.
Paolo
Lay My Hat