Two beds into one

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
Ju

Two beds into one

Post by Ju »

We have deceided to change one of our twin rooms into a flexible room so that we can make it up into a double or two singles.

Having read the posts here and looked at the options available I have decided to go for twin divan beds (existing beds are wooden frames so they won't push together properly). I'll tie them together (someone suggested cable ties) and put a mattress topper on top.

I have three questions.

1 what should I do about the head board(s)?

2 Where can I get a matress topper that measures 180 x 190 cm?

3 What do I do about bedding? The resulting double bed is bigger than a kingsize. Should I just use kingsize bedding or is there something else available?

Hope someone can help.

Ju
tansy

Post by tansy »

Materess topper in the end I got from UK - friend bought it over - king size "does" on 2 beds together - M&S do them now . I also use a big thick duck & goose down quilt as a topper if I have more than 3 couples in the house.

I've just got the single headboards on & still just push them together...looks fine

I use kingsize - it seems to do the trick fine...bottom sheet a bit of a problem with the topper as well...I've also got some of those fitted jersey sheets for the 2 beds (as a king)...with the matresses that change position..can't remember what you call them...but I want one - unfortunately my husband still wants the 4 poster!
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Dare I suggest IKEA for the mattress topper?
Ju

Post by Ju »

Thanks Helen, I've just found one on their website that is 180cm wide. It's 10cm too long but I think I can live with that.

I'll just have to take t trip up to Ikea. I don't mind, I quite like it, but there is no chance of my husband joining me, he HATES the place.

Ju