Please help - problem with fonts!

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Gite Guru

Post by Gite Guru »

so much to say, so little time...

ok quickly... try to avoid using images for text, it's not seo friendly. that said... if you do decide you want to use images, save it as a png file and then you keep the transparent background. Rather large example:

that said... I can see your font fine on http://www.lescrouquets.net/things-to-d ... dogne.html (checked in ff and chrome) but not on any of your other pages... and a quick look at the source shows that this is the only page that font is being used on.

to speed things up, why not create a seperate style.css file and specify that heading as an <h2> heading, then style <h2> to use your font. that way, if you decide against using it, you can update the headings across your website by changing just 1 line of code.

hth,

Dave
elena

Post by elena »

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply - I now know how to get the fonts saved as images! However, in the meantime I've had some feedback on the site ( ahem! :( ) which has now had me going back to the beginning and rethinking the whole thing - fonts included. MORE pages to re-do.
Still I'm glad I know what to do now and hope to use it soon.

Thanks again!
Elena
www.lescrouquets.net
kevsboredagain

Post by kevsboredagain »

I agree, PNG would be a smaller format than GIF for 1 colour transparency. I used text images on my site and kind of regret it now as I want to make a French and German version so need to make loads more images.

BTW I have to say that after looking through your site, I thought the photos were wonderful and create a truly magical atmosphere of the place. The little quotes dotted around also gave it a very unique touch which impressed me. Very nicely done.
elena

Post by elena »

BTW I have to say that after looking through your site, I thought the photos were wonderful and create a truly magical atmosphere of the place. The little quotes dotted around also gave it a very unique touch which impressed me. Very nicely done
Thanks for that Kev - it gave me a much needed boost!
Elena
www.lescrouquets.net
Topcat

Post by Topcat »

Just to say that I've only just looked at your site and in FF everything looks fine. Maybe you've already made the changes. Your photos are charming by the way.

TC
Debut novelist at http://tinyurl.com/or89jle

http://wivenhoewriters.blogspot.co.uk/
Contributor to anthology 'In a Word: Murder'