Guests of guests...

From the moment they step through the door your bookings become guests, and their experiences determine whether they ever come back.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi. I didn't take too much notice at the time cos I wasn't renting out myself then ( :oops: should I hastily re-phrase that ? Nah :twisted: ). I think it was to do with the actual total capacity of the place not being exceeded, which it wasn't cos it had 4/5 bedrooms,rather than how many people were actually renting it. I just thought it was interesting. No matter what T and C's we impose I bet quite a few wouldn't stand up to legal scrutiny !! I think the whole thrust of the matter was it was Ok as long as the total max number wasn't exceeded. This was in France, a few years ago, don't know if the owners were UK or French.
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

No, and nor do I intend to, as long as they do not stay overnight, I have no problem. As my place is small anyway, it's an unlikely event. My only concern is that they invite friends to come over and use the soon to be completed communal pool and spa. I will possibly have to do something about this.
Mouse

Post by Mouse »

We have the possibility of this occuring as our guests due here in a couple of weeks who requested an extra 3 visitors to the std 8 people we cater for (and didn't even think to offer to pay!) were told NO.
Their friends have now booked an apartment in the next resort....so I am guessing we will have 11 people around the pool at some point as they will locate either here or the apartment for that week they are visiting.

I was taking a fairly lenient view that if they weren't noisy then OK let them get on with it - if they were I would tell them to keep quiet. However I am now thinking that they would be using water etc whilst they are here (as others have pointed out).

I think I'll play it by ear - as I don't want to be seen as being awkward....however noise will be the deciding factor.

Its interesting to see how others view this situation.

Mouse
x