Please review Villa Emmauelle website - thanks

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Clexane

Please review Villa Emmauelle website - thanks

Post by Clexane »

Hi all,

Appreciate your thoughts and review of our website.

www.villaemmanuelle.com

We have at this stage removed the flash intro - though we really like it but as many note on this site don't know if its a luxury not suited. Still an internal debate.

Also the font is in a browner red now, it used to be in bright red. Thoughts on if it is easy enough to read appreciated. Making the font black makes the site lose warmth somehow.

Appreciate your time.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

The improvements banner is great, so any criticism is aimed at achieving perfection.
I wouldn't put "Fly" before "screen". It is unnecessary & evokes images of clouds of flies. (add "r" to "though")

Be careful about not installing a security barrier when there aren't children. The law requires you to install and maintain the barrier in security position at all times, not just when there are children in residence. Your childless guests may decide to remove it - that would be their decision - but I would not advise you to do it for them. (I certainly wouldn't advertise the fact that you remove it.)
The same is true for a pool cover, which has to be in place at all times that the pool is not being used.
The fact that you consider these measures irrelevant or silly would not be a defence.
Best,
Alexia.
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Thanks Alexia. All really good points

Thanks again

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

I think the site looks great - I love the background and the fonts add a touch of class.

Your pictures are a bit blurred, but this could be a problem at my end.

One small thing - on the seasons page, I think there is a typo on 'blossoms'.

Having details and pictures of your caretakers is a nice touch too.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
paolo

Post by paolo »

Clexane,

I like the ‘Recent developments’ banner on the homepage. It demonstrates that you’re actively involved in maintaining the standard of this house. Anybody wondering what is meant by ‘stating the benefit’ rather than just stating a feature, it is illustrated here: “Fly screens are being installed on all windows which will allow a wonderful breeze to blow though the villa without worrying about insects.� (although ‘Screens’ would do as well as ‘Fly screens’).

Brown text and colour scheme works very well, I think.

Good picture of the house, but there is no obvious, big text ‘above the fold’ (on the screen without scrolling down) to tell us where and what this is.

The line ‘Welcome to Villa Emmanuelle’ is a bit of a waste of such a prime bit of real estate on the page. It doesn’t say anything except the name of the house, and that isn’t important. The best thing you can do here is say what it is and where, and why that is a good thing.

The pool picture on your homepage looks like it could be a very good picture as it shows the pool and the view together, but it is suffering from being too small. I’d put the kitchen one at the bottom and make both bigger, same size as on the Villa page.

You have excellent pictures and personally I would not leave them all on inside pages because some people will never get that far – I would use at least a couple more on the homepage, including the one of the poppies and lavender.

The Seasons and Things to do pages only appear in the navigation menu if you click on Banon, but I think they deserve their place in the menu anyway. Both are excellent by the way.

But these are minor quibbles because this is a wonderful site – anyone looking through it all will want to go to Provence immediately.

Chapeau!
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Thanks Ciapolin and Paolo,

Your thoughts have been integrated as best as I could.

Appreciate your time.

www.villaemmanuelle.com
roxytoo

Post by roxytoo »

It's a wonderful web site, very pleasing on the eye, good to navigate around and the pictures are amazing!! makes me want to do mine all over again..........!!! very well done
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

I think the site is lovely, did you take the photos yourselves, they are excellent!
I only have a couple of things,there are some spelling mistakes on the rates page about the security deposit additional and returned. Also, I'm sorry to be picky, (I teach English) but on the Baron Provence page, I don't think a cacophony of bright colours is possible, cacophony means an unpleasant, discordant noise.
On the things to do page, I think it should be antique fair or fayre, not fare (as in bus or train fare), immense not emmense, celebrate, not celerbrate
On the getting there page Michelle is spelt sometimeswith one 'l' or 2. Also aperatif, not apertiffs.
I hope I'm not being to fussy, but it is such a professional looking website, it is a shame to have spelling mistakes on it!
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Thanks Meishka and Susan,

I am a hopeless speller. I use MS Word all the time to check my spelling but that only seems to work sometimes :oops:

I appreciate the editing work Susan and I will get right on with fixing things ... as soon as my web host service allows me back into the system - it is down and thats why the banner others mention can't be seen right now :cry:

We took most photos ourselves - the truth is we took hundreds to get just a few good ones so it was more ass than class :wink:

Thank you all for your positive feedback - its a relief to know. You can never tell yourself if its up to scratch after hours of work on the site and especially after looking at some of the fabulous sites of forum members.

We would also like to say thank you to everybody on the forum. We don't think we would have got anywhere near the success with our bookings and site if it wasn't for all the advice here.

Most appreciated

www.villaemmanuelle.com
paolo

Post by paolo »

aperatif, not apertiffs
Apéritif?
Paolo
Lay My Hat
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Quite right, its apéritif in French, aperitif in English, I'm not such a good proof reader!