New Home Page - what do you think?

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

:lol: :lol: OK OK I'll try and get it on there today! :lol:
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Wow Kathy, respect. If that's eight stitched shots, then the minor photoshop mods that I've suggested will be a breeze (assuming that you agree, of course).
Should have got him to put on a different coloured jumper
Your choice. In general, I like my pix to have a 'focal point' that immediately catches the eye and then allows viewers to roam around the frame at leisure. A little splash of colour (doesn't have to be too strident) is a reliable formula.
Can't really change the colour of the parasol can I? As that's the one that's there......

Your choice. Wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

Jim
Normandy Cow

Post by Normandy Cow »

Can't really change the colour of the parasol can I? As that's the one that's there......
Yes, that's the one that's there now, not the red one that was there at the time you took that photo a few years ago... :wink: :wink:
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Jimbo wrote:Wow Kathy, respect. If that's eight stitched shots, then the minor photoshop mods that I've suggested will be a breeze (assuming that you agree, of course).

:lol: That was easy, Zoombrowser (Canon) you've got to take them in stitch mode then just lined up the pics and clicked on Stitch! :lol:

NC wrote:Yes, that's the one that's there now, not the red one that was there at the time you took that photo a few years ago...

Ooh! Sneaky! :lol: I'll give it a go later NC.
Kathy
CSE

Post by CSE »

katiegirl wrote:
casasantoestevo wrote:Only one comment...are they goat skins on the sofas? :shock:
Um yes, cushion covers - Himalayan apparently, is that bad?
Not at all I was just thinking about the sensitivity for other posters here! Just a joke.
Information to other forum readers about stitching together photos. Like Katie says her camera has this facility as do a lot on newer cameras too. If your camera does not have this then maybe look at this software, it is not free but it can do a lot more tricks.
http://www.panoramafactory.com/

We use an older version. Here is a photo we took last year. And pasted together using the software. It is of a Celtic village.
http://www.ribeirasacra.com/temp/2008_S ... norama.jpg
Never try to out-stubborn your guests.
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

That's beautiful Ian! (Or is it Irene?)

Re the goatskin cushions, they're lovely and snuggly so they're staying. Someone here has already mentioned that the leather sofas would put some people off, well I'm not going to be changing them either anytime soon! Sorry. :D
Kathy
christinedavid

Post by christinedavid »

I prefer the look of your new homepage. What a beautiful place! But, actually, I think your house looks lovely and characterful. I would actually put a picture of it on your new homepage.I would take off the picture of the sitting room, which somehow doesn't fit with the other pictures. There is a great feeling of space from the other pictures, but not from the one of the sitting room.
Last edited by christinedavid on Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chrisj

Post by chrisj »

I think the second version is much more enticing to the holidaymaker but am glad you say that you will put the picture of the house back on another page.

Don't tuck it away, it's a nice house and your clients will want to see it somewhere prominent.
Brittany Gites - holiday cottages / Gites by Jewells
Chris Jewell - Website Design Brittany
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Hmm I'll have a think about that - struggling to find anywhere to put it at the moment............... :roll:
Kathy
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

casasantoestevo wrote:Only one comment...are they goat skins on the sofas? :shock:
I wondered what had happened to my Auntie Mabel; who'd have thought she'd end up as three cushions. :cry:

Seriously, the killer shot is now in its right place, as everyone says although I've always thought your house was pretty Kathy.

Have you thought of taking a new shot of the front of it for inclusion and using that, as the decking etc rather confuses the eye. The decking is great to have, and as long as you still show the other pic of the sunloungers on it with the pool and that amazing view, you're OK.
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

Yes you're right Jane, it is a bit confusing. I have a few pics of the front, I'll go and see if any of them are any good although there is a telegraph pole right in the way so it might be difficult to get a decent shot of it.
Kathy
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Photoshop! 8)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be