2am arrivals - HELP!!!!

How to communicate with your potential renters - how to turn site visitors into enquiries, and enquiries into bookings.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Ummmmmmmmmmm............. :!: :D :D :D
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

olive wrote: Insurance, MG? It's on a second-hand goods basis in France. Do I worry about the value of my second-hand refrigerator? bed? etc etc.
Not all policies...my insurance replaces everything at the price of a new item.
But I'd still go for the plantpot option.
olive

Post by olive »

Which company, LV - is it French?
(Not that it's worth the premiums - the chances of anyone risking prison for a second-hand tv etc are so low.......)
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Crédit Agricole. They also cover me for damage done by customers, but I'm not if that will work - especially for non French customers (CA pay to replace the item then pursue the client & their insurance company). I got a good price as I bank with them and have a lot of their products.
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Pacifica? :)
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
olive

Post by olive »

That's interesting, LV - thank you. Maybe their premiums are low, too..
scaliwells

Post by scaliwells »

Am I the only B&B owner who greets all arrivals personally, no matter what time they are arriving? Having had quite a few who expect to arrive before 10pm and don't get here until after midnight :shock:

I also get up in the early hours to see them go. I think 5 am was the earliest last year. I do think it is different for gites as they are not staying in your house with you and , possibly, don't expect such a personal service.
www.boussais.com (english version)
www.boussais.webs.com (version francaise)
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

I do the same, it just feels right.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !
Giddy Goat

Post by Giddy Goat »

Scalliwells that sounds like a fantastic service - with B&B visitors coming and going regularly at certain times of year I don't know how you manage to keep your eyes open if you have several late arrivals and early departures on the trot!
Nostalgia isn't what it used to be
pambon

Post by pambon »

Scalliwells what marvellous service, congratulations.

Should I be awake at 2am then I would certainly meet & greet guests but it's not something I would guarantee. But I do get up in the early hours to see them off; 5am was also the earliest for me. (Since my bout of Hepatitis last September I've found that I'm much more tired in the evenings which doesn't help matters.)

Bad winter weather could also be a problem as I would have to don wet weather wear (time consuming) as access is down external steps with their own private entrance; thankfully bad winter weather and winter rentals don't coincide too much, although having said that, 2 out of the 3 winter rentals (daytime arrivals) I've done have been greeted by torrential rain!
brenda

Post by brenda »

I put on our info that the key will be left for late arrivals - just to be on the safe side.

However, I like to welcome face to face, so up to know I have always been up and able to ´meet and greet´.

Even at some God forsaken time in the the morning Guests really appreciate a welcome drink and to be shown to their room. I just feel that a little inconvenience for me goes a long way.
pambon

Post by pambon »

Brenda, what sort of drink do you offer in the early hours?
brenda

Post by brenda »

Whatever they want Pambon.

Most people at that time just request a cup of Tea or Coffee - I make a tray up with Tea or Coffee Pot, Biscuits etc. despite there being Tea/Coffee making facilities in each Guest Room. Rather than waiting to wash up when they finish I tell them to leave the tray/pots in their room and I will collect it in the morning.

Alternatively they can have Beer, Wine or something stronger. Some people prefer to unwind for half an hour or so out on the terrace after driving here before going to sleep.
scaliwells

Post by scaliwells »

Thanks for the congratulations, but to be honest I have never really thought of doing it any other way. Probably my naivity as it was my first year, but I still prefer to meet and greet, at whatever time it is.
www.boussais.com (english version)
www.boussais.webs.com (version francaise)
Chianti

Post by Chianti »

scaliwells

I'm the same, but then it's not as difficult here as it might be for some even though they live on-site. Sometimes guests arrive late after getting lost. I simply lay on the bed and close my eyes waiting until I hear their car.
Chianti

Tecno twit, but I can tie my shoes !