Does anybody out there expect to be getting enquires now?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Clexane

Does anybody out there expect to be getting enquires now?

Post by Clexane »

My enquires have gone down to one every few weeks now, but we are fully booked out until the first week of October and would expect this considering we use calendars everywhere.

Does anybody right now expect to get enquires?? If you are, are they for low session or for next year, or are you just filling out odd missing weeks.

My expectation is to recieve very, very few until last minute before October and perhaps see a pick up in December - January for next year.

Should I expect different? I keep hearing of people booking into next year, is this a reasonable expectation right now?
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Sue Dyer

Post by Sue Dyer »

I'm just getting the odd hopeful caller who wants a last minute week and is hoping my booking calendar is wrong!! None for next year yet but that's okay! I tend to get the bulk of enquiries Dec/Jan/Feb so your expectation seems in line with my experience.

The lady in the neigbouring rental is benefitting from my referals though so we're all happy :) We're booked thru until the end of Sept and have 2 weeks free in Oct, we're usually at the stage by that time of the year though when we welcome a gap to use the cottage for ourselves.
paolo

Post by paolo »

I am getting the usual requests for July-September, all booked up though. Some I can refer to a neighbour. I'm getting enquiries for as long as one month in July-August - oops, someone forgot to book the summer holiday this year...
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Stu

Post by Stu »

We're still getting enquiries for the campsite, which is to be expected as caravanners are by tradition a 'spur of the moment' kind. We are still getting the odd enquiry through for the gites, filled 3 weeks for next summer already, which is nice.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Like everyone else I am getting the occasional inquiry for an already-booked week.

We did recently book two weeks in June 2006, and we had a relatively serious inquiry for three months in the fall (which would be nice as it would complement our 2-month early spring booking but still leave the holidays open). Don't know if that one will work out, though!

So far, we have one open week in September that hasn't yet filled. I'm not sweating it, though -- if it doesn't book, it'll be a spare week where we can pop in and do a detailed check of the property!
Brooke
tansy

Post by tansy »

We are OK - I have one week next week with one house empty - But St Germain is empty the whole of September, Utah full until October - both houses are booked for half term in October - still nothing in for Christmas...

Whole of June & 1st 2 weeks July booked for next year in Utah & 2 weeks in July St Germain....

But I am very concerned about September this year....nothing coming through at all.

I am also hearing that there are quite a few folk saying this year is make or break for them bookings are so low...bookings are at such an all time low, has anyone else heard this?

But I do think the huge influx of people in, all opening a gite has and is now having an effect - as an example some folk who rented our house for 2 years running, we got spin off business, a family that knew them, booked with us - but the original folk liked the area so much bought a house 2 roads back from the sea... the other day I went past it - lots of British number plates parked outside...so they are renting it out...We were the only British owned rental property on the coast for quite some time - now I know of at least 6!

We've got 4 new gite complexes that have opened up this year in the next commune to us...it's bound to have an effect, business is being diluted big time.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

We're Ok. We're full apart from 2 separate weeks in september vacant but that's all until Mid October,I've had people wanting 2 weeks in September but we only have 2 separate weeks, not consecutive! Really pleased as it's our first year and we didn't get the website up and running until earlier this year!I've had enquiries for next summer but no-one has booked yet.
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Fraise,

We have had the same experience. Some enquires but no bookings for 2006. Perhaps we where spoiled this year in that most who enquired booked but we where late into the market.

Its a bit strange, but they do not even bother to respond to the response email which also is very odd and quite frankly I find lacks courtesy. Are these early birds just tire kickers looking for discounts???? Is this normal behaviour with these early birds?

How often do people chase these no-responding enquirers. Is it one chase up or a number of emails followed by a phone call - to see if they got our response?

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Stu

Post by Stu »

I had a blitz on follow-up e-mails last week, eleven in total who'd enquired, but not responded. I received replies back from all but 3 of them. One booking! I hate having to do it, because I know how much it annoys me, but I now attach a 'read receipt' to all outgoing mail! At least then I know the recipient has read it. (That's if they click 'yes'.....)

I wouldn't hassle the 'no-responses' more than once though.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

The last couple of days I've had lots of September enquiries !There were 3 within an hour this morning! Looks like my spare 2 weeks are booked! That's pretty much it for the year now,altho I could accept 2 weeks at the end of October.Brilliant!We never expected this sort of a return on our investment for this year!! Let's hope it continues into the next :wink:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Stu

Post by Stu »

Well done Fraise, we're glad that things are working out for you. We're also pretty surprised by the response we've had this year so far too, seeing as it's our first, and we're starting at the back end of the year really. Still, it bodes well for next year!
We went away for the last time in our caravan this weekend, and despite it being a sad journey home, we got back to ELEVEN e-mail enquiries! Just waiting for the replies now!
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

It's amazing isn't it? I wonder why we are all doing so well? I'm not knocking it!I just hope it's not a one-off year,fingers crossed for next!! :lol:

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

Well done Fraise ... Now onto seeing if we can get some off-season bookings. On a small note, nobody in our area can believe we are selling so well, I think our main advantage is marketing - most people just don't put the effort in.

Least of all they can't believe we have done it on the net.

www.villaemmanuelle.com
Itsonlyme

Post by Itsonlyme »

Blimey, I'm not surprised you two (Clexane and Fraise) are fully booked! Great websites, fab pictures. We're using an agent because we don't want the hassle of DIY. We went online in April and only have 6 weeks of bookings this year. Nothing in July. Mind you, we've said no pets and no kids under 6 (because of the decor - mostly fabric walls), which probably doesn't help. Next year we will be in the brochure as well as online, so we'll have to see . . .
Linda Freese

Post by Linda Freese »

Itsonlyme

Have you thought that perhaps you are not getting bookings because your prices are not competitive enough? This happened to me in my first year, and I adjusted my prices in line with similar properties in my area (slightly lower in fact) and have been fully booked ever since!

Good luck

Linda