Please let us know what you think of El Roble Rentals

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
elroble

Please let us know what you think of El Roble Rentals

Post by elroble »

Any comments you can make on El Roble Rentals web site would be appreciated

http://www.elroble.co.uk
enid

Post by enid »

I started looking at your site and I liked th ephotographs - I had to stop though as the blue background really started to hurt my eyes and I was finding it very difficult to read. Could be just me but it's a shame as the properties look great.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

No, enid, it's not just you!

Apologies, but that blue background actually caused my eyes to physically hurt. I tried turning my monitor brightness all the way down and it helped a bit, but then I could barely see the pictures!

I hope you'll mute that background a bit, and in the meantime the one comment I can give is that your pictures look nice, but I think you should add captions.

Cheers!
Brooke
Chalky

Post by Chalky »

Yes, it's very blue!

Probably nice otherwise......
Chalky

tansy

Post by tansy »

you are all correct - that is headache blue..I couldn't look at it longer than a few moments...didn't realise colours could get you like that!
it's all a learning curve!
Renaud

Post by Renaud »

Hmmm....Didn't find the blue to be too bad....would have been better in a lighter, more neutral shade. Perhaps it varies according to the monitor you're viewing it on. Light background colours might be less problematic.
The photos were nice, except a few had slightly dull skies, and it looked like it had recently been raining in one. But the quantity of photos was good. And I would have liked them a lot larger. I use a large monitor, but people with small monitors and low screen resolutions might have difficulties seeing ant detail. Might be worth trying to view on other peoples' monitors if you can.
But overall it looked attractive, and I would definitely have been keen to spend more time if I was looking for somewhere to stay.
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I am one who does not like heavy backgrounds and the inevitable colour contrasts for text but that's just me.

Could this by taken as an example of one of the benefits of CSS? Using HTML it might be extremely time taking to experiment with alternative colour schemes whereas using CSS it would take just a few minutes.

Alan
alexia s.

Post by alexia s. »

Even on my mac the blue is a deterrent: it inteferes with focusing on the rest of the page. Can you dilute it?
Best,
Alexia.