Self-Catering-Breaks.com

OTA = Online Travel Agency, which means those sites that sell the booking and take the payment for you.
scb

Post by scb »

Garri

That's why Doug should set up a support forum. Positive Tip: It doesn't have to be public, it can be accessible only to registered owners via their admin screen. He may even find an uptake in his donations as a result.

Are these the same people who get leads and still don't donate? But it is a valid point we may try later, but at present we are aiming to get things to work smoother. But I do take the point and will investiagte.

Doug
paolo

Post by paolo »

Alan Knighting wrote:Perhaps many of your queries are from people like Sticky. He joined the Forum on the 15th August. He threw in 3 relatively unpleasant postings about Tansy’s new website and immediately disappeared.
I strongly suspect that Sticky was one of our past contributors just coming back for a quick stir under a different identity. They shared many of the same qualities, and geographic location.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Patia

Post by Patia »

Well . . . not invisible after all it would seem! Thank you Fraise, and thank you all.

Garri - You're doing it again aren't you, picking up an odd word or phrase, twisting it around to subtly change the meaning and then replying in a controversial way. It's really very good how you so often manage to do that . . . but I shan't take the bait thank you . . . Rocket Science? No . . . but possibly almost as unpredictable . . . with all the resulting consequences for 'getting it wrong' which we, with all the hard-earned income we have ploughed into our investments, will naturally feel more keenly than you can.

Patia
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paolo,

Oh! dear. It takes all sorts.

I can accept the negatively positive but I can't tolerate the positively negative, if you know what I mean.

You know a little of my history. I came here to get away from the latter. I stay here because they haven't followed me.

Being "Fluffy" is a positive frame of mind. My cup is always half full, never half empty.

Alan
Garri

Post by Garri »

Garri - You're doing it again aren't you, picking up an odd word or phrase, twisting it around to subtly change the meaning and then replying in a controversial way. It's really very good how you so often manage to do that
Sorry Patia, I don't do it on purpose, honest!
paolo

Post by paolo »

Alan,

You're safe here, I won't let them take you away.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

I think Garri is one of the negatively positive ones I was talking about.

I think he is giving, not taking, no matter how he might say it.

In my view he is a constructor not a destructor but sometimes, to be kind one has to be cruel.

Never forget "The truth will set you free" even if you don't like the truth.

Alan
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paolo,

Do you promise?

The little van with the chaps in white overalls will not be arriving shortly.

Alan
Patia

Post by Patia »

Humble is good Garri . . . humble is good (as if you didn't know!).

I'm not denying you have a function - you stir the pot, and sometimes that proves fruitful. However, at other times it is merely distracting and renders a thread cumbersome and unwieldy.

Anyway, to get back to business . . . and as an up-date on my own problems with the SCB site . . . I am still finding that, after doing an initial search from the home page, and getting the first page of some relevant results come up . . . clicking on further page numbers only takes me to a Country Index Page. Doug has investigated this as far as possible from his end, and says he has no problem at all in moving on to other pages when he tries it. Does anyone else find this is happening . . . or is it just me please?

Patia
paolo

Post by paolo »

Alan,

What does "the truth will set you free" actually mean? I've never understood it.
Paolo
Lay My Hat
Garri

Post by Garri »

I'm not denying you have a function
Thank you!
Patia

Post by Patia »

You are most welcome Garri!

There Alan - aren't we all polite . . . does that prove to you that you have come to safe harbour?
(Just don't ever try to visit the Shares Forums!)

Patia
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Paolo,
What does "the truth will set you free" actually mean? I've never understood it.
Nor did I, until the day I was listening to a party political broadcast and I realised that "lies will lock you in". Ever since, I have known the difference and I do understand it.

Patia,
...........you have come to safe harbour?
Yes, I am terribly comfortable here. That's completely thanks to the people I have met here. I don't know, what happens on the Shares Forums?

Alan
Patia

Post by Patia »

Well Alan, mostly, it seemed to me, in each case there was a nucleus of decent folk, there to share information and experiences (as we do here) but there did also seem to be an unconscionable number of people who drifted from forum to forum, under different names and guises, picking up useful bits of news as they went, but often dishing out juicy pieces of mis-information, in an attempt to misguide other members, and thus sway the market in their favour. Well, at least, I think that's what they were doing!

There was one chap called Share Bear (who, I must say, you rather remind me of) who genuinely seemed to be doing his best to inform and guide, but I believe he became somewhat disillusioned with some of the forums. Anyway, I stopped visiting when the back-biting got somewhat intense . . .

Better stop this or Paolo will start rapping knuckles for going off-track . . .

Patia
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

As a renter very recently turned owner, I have appreciated much of the advice I have received on the forum, and it has helped me set up my website and also a successful listing on s.c.b. If I hadn't complained on here, I would't have got anywhere at all, so a real 'fluffy' moment, THANKS GUYS!!!!