Solar Sun Rings

For anything to do with the garden and pool
Blue Shutters

Solar Sun Rings

Post by Blue Shutters »

Does anybody use solar sun rings for their rental pool? The theory looks great, and I have read various reviews from the outstanding to awful.

Main concerns. Do they work? More specifically in the Charente Maritime region. If so how long is the season extended, or really just a degree or two warmer?

Are the rings strong enough for guests to be hauling in and out (they are 5 feet in diameter), could we trust guests to treat them right, stack them out of the sun etc. Are they any harder work than a cover?

Any actual users out there?
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets
Nessie

Re: Solar Sun Rings

Post by Nessie »

Blue Shutters wrote:.

Main concerns. Do they work? ?

Are the rings strong enough for guests to be hauling in and out (they are 5 feet in diameter), could we trust guests to treat them right, stack them out of the sun etc. Are they any harder work than a cover?
This was also my concern, i had a couple of cold calls last year to try to sell me them but in the end i did not take them up on the offer. Taking the rings out every time you wanted to swin i did not think was a good idea and also storgage was a problem.

At best i think it might only add a couple of weeks onto the season of the pool
Nessie
Blue Shutters

Post by Blue Shutters »

Thanks Nessie, after reading around we decided it was a non starter for non residents, may be worth it if it's "you" taking them in and out, but not guests.

Bought a "sale" heat pump instead, bought last summer by the supplier at $2 to the £1 exchange rates, supplier says the price will be a third+ more this year. Fortunately I said "yes" to it, as they would have sold it five times over last week. We would not have been contemplating heating the pool until next year or the year afterwards otherwise, and hope that if we can get a couple of extra weeks in June/September as a result it's then paid for.
Yes I know the shutters are not blue!
Blog
Twit Tweets