furniture web site

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
Pete and Sarah

furniture web site

Post by Pete and Sarah »

What a great idea to get people to give a feed back on what they think of your web site. We have just had a web site made for our furniture business in France, sorry if it is only meant to be gites in this section, but I would love to get a feed back on what people think of it, friends always will always say it is nice.
many thanks
Sarah
www.thelimetree.org
Ciapolin

Post by Ciapolin »

Hi Pete,

I've had a quick look (mainly because I'm in the market at the moment!) and have a couple of comments:

I personally don't like sites where you go though an 'enter' screen to get into the website - I would rather get straight there (but that is just a personal thing, and there's probably a good reason for doing it).

As a customer, I would also want to see prices displayed before I go in to look at the details, so I can see immediately if its in my price range.

Other than that, I think the site looks neat and professional.
Carole-Anne
Cascina Ciapolin
www.piedmont-holidays.com
enid

Post by enid »

The site worked fine for me - I wouldn't go further if pirces weren't listed though. I liked the product.
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Strangely enough, I actually found this website a little while ago while looking for furniture online!

I like the overall design and colors.

I feel like the site is a little small, though -- there aren't too many ways to view the furniture (not that many links off the home page). I'd like to be able to view your product by type, e.g. display a page with all the tables on it in descending order of price. You have a separate link for trunks -- why not dining furniture, bedroom furniture, etc.?

Also, what is Sheesham wood? An interesting one-sentence description of that on the homepage could draw attention to the uniqueness of your furniture and let customers know they're getting something special.

I do see that there are prices when you click on an individual piece, but I think enid is right -- displaying prices on the product listing pages is worth considering.

Lastly, I think your page title needs more keywords!

Overall, though, very nice.
Brooke
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Sorry- I don't like to give negative reviews( it's easier to sit back and say nothing!!) but you did ask!! I couldn't see a reason for buying the furniture- you didn't sell it to me at all.Why would I want to buy it- you don't describe it-what is this wood-is it special/environmentally friendly? You need to sell the product more!! You may have some really lovely furniture but the website doesn't let me know one way or another!I also got the dreaded pop-ups!!I don't see the point of the "enter" thing either but hey,that's just a personal dislike! I suppose the proof of the pudding......
Pete and Sarah

Post by Pete and Sarah »

We have made a few changes to the web site now, thanks to all of you that reviewed it.
Sarah
www.thelimetree.org
yorks

Post by yorks »

As mentioned earlier...why have you got that enter screen ? All it does is waste one level of search engine crawling. Google usually crawls down 3 levels but you are wasting one on the entry screen.

Also you title and descriptions tags are very poor in the main website. These are very important to Google and you need to optimise these.

The site looks ok though :)
Renata

Web Review.

Post by Renata »

I like your colors.
I love your pictures.
Overall, I think that your site is appealling and professional, so it would entice me to buy.
The only area that I see lacking is the details and descriptions of your products is not readily available.

Please take a look at www.jpeterman.com.
This site offers clothing, and it describes each and every piece in a way that describes and sells at the same time.
I only recommend this as an example because I think that you will get some good ideas to apply to your own site.

I would also save the price for the individual description pages.

The "Contact Us" should be more prominent and there should be additional information about how to order on-line, as I am in the states and could not order easily with the way your site is setup.

Thanks & Great Job!!

Renata Gozdziak
Renata Gozdziak
Chicago Illinois---Daytona Beach Florida
albert

Re: furniture web site

Post by albert »

Hi Sarah and Pete

here i go :)

main page intro has no text in the body so search engines will not make this a start page.

quick fix is to have a noscript on the main page with key words
but love the colour.. and the logo.
this should (logo) be displayed on all the pages as well
Le Citronnier Vert (logo)
thats your trade mark

about page

Contact Us needs to be underlined as You can not tell it's a link.

pics need alt="" tags with disc ie

alt="Bookcase" and alt="5 Drawer Chest"

product page:
MAHARANI - Chair
pics need alt="" tags with disc ie

mail address needs to be hidded with javascript as spam spiders
will eat you up.

If pos try to get a contact script to go with that page for faster
request from proten clients

thats it for now But I like the site its great.

If you make these your self have personal touch of how they
are made, how and where the wood is also sorced echo etc

regards
Albert :)
Pete and Sarah wrote:What a great idea to get people to give a feed back on what they think of your web site. We have just had a web site made for our furniture business in France, sorry if it is only meant to be gites in this section, but I would love to get a feed back on what people think of it, friends always will always say it is nice.
many thanks
Sarah
www.thelimetree.org