Have any of you bought/installed a DIY pool kit?

For anything to do with the garden and pool
scaliwells

Have any of you bought/installed a DIY pool kit?

Post by scaliwells »

We are going to be buying a DIY pool kit soon, so busy researching. I have come across a brand called Waterlight, have any of you bought from this company, or can you recommend another one?

I have emailed the company today to ask if the supply any shops nearby so we can view the product, but no reply so far, but it is sunday.

Hoping you can help :D
www.boussais.com (english version)
www.boussais.webs.com (version francaise)
visitslovenija

Post by visitslovenija »

Hi scaliwells,
After a fair bit of searching around, we have bought a pool kit - including solar heating system - from Piscine Kit Direct.

Company is run by a Brit; Lee Coleman. sales@piscinekitdirect.com

Even though we are in Slovenia, they still offered the most competitive price and all has been safely delivered. We are in the process of building the pool at the moment with most of the main structure now completed.

Lee has been very helpful sorting us newbies out with the technical stuff, so can recommend his outfit.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Ralph

www.visitslovenija.eu
KathyG

Post by KathyG »

We bought our semi-above ground pool (15' x 28') from an ebay shop and built it ourselves. Got loads of pics during construction if you want to see and we also use Lee Coleman, bought the heater and water treatment system from him. Very helpful chap.

We went out to France for 2 weeks with a small army of people and 'invited' friends to come and help - plumber, electrician, caterer (Mum). Expect it to take longer than anticipated, we slogged our little hearts out for 12 hours a day (including building a pool house) and just about made it in time and couldn't be more pleased with it.
Kathy
Waterfront location in Le Faou
"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am."
Big Sis..

Post by Big Sis.. »

and couldn't be more pleased with it.

So you should kathy!! it looks great!! :D
scaliwells

Post by scaliwells »

I have already ordered one now. From Lagon.fr. We went for a polystyrene bloc and have got a builder friend who is helping. The digger arrived yesterday and will hopefully have finished tomorrow and then dave (OH) & friend will start the base etc. We hope to have it useable by the end of may.
www.boussais.com (english version)
www.boussais.webs.com (version francaise)