How long do you wait for the deposit to arrive?

Up, down, could be better? How to get more bookings is our number one obsession. Talk shop here.
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Hello Carol and Alexia. Thank you for the reassurance about the repeat booking. Always good to get feedback from Forum members.

The internet bank "theft" happened last Monday. I noticed on Wednesday when I was checking if some cheques had gone in; the bank noticed on Tuesday that there had been an unusual money transfer to an account called "LaFuente" and they are on the case. An on-line virus check has revealed no virus or bug in our laptop so it looks like it's a computer hacker. No idea why they "chose" my account. I'll let you know how things develop.
Fraise

Post by Fraise »

Hi,just seen this thread.I am obviously interested in how the UK bank handles this.Have they refunded the money to your account? Ours was stolen last December and the French bank is still denying all responsibility,they obviously did not refund the money and only got concerned when our account got overdrawn by thousands of pounds!! :roll: Good luck with it :?

www.thepetitmanoir.com
Christine Kenyon

Post by Christine Kenyon »

Apparently my hard earned cash (how many cottages have they ever had to clean!!!!!) went to an account in Spain and then to two accounts in Moscow. All sounds fascinating.

The police have no idea who did it and admit that it is largely a paper chase as they are 2 or 3 bank accounts behind all the time. But the good news is that my bank refunded the cash within 3 days - no questions asked. They did a scan of our laptop to make sure that the "disappearance" hadn't been caused by a virus and are still on the case.

Since then I've had to set up new bank accounts and alter all the security info which is a bit of hassle but no hardship. So the only worrying thing is how did they get into my bank account in the first place. No one seems to have an answer to that.

Christine

PS: Has your washing machine turned up?
WELSH ANGEL

Re: How long do you wait for the deposit to arrive?

Post by WELSH ANGEL »

reddevil wrote:When somebody makes a booking I usually reply saying the booking is only confirmed when we receive the deposit so please send the deposit within 10 days or the booking will be cancelled.

Unfortunately, I recently received a booking for August, sent my usual reply, and then had to advise two other possible bookings for the same date that the villa was probably booked - just waiting for the deposit.

After 10 days I hadn't received the deposit so sent an email chaser and they advised me that they had booked a different villa.

How do other people handle this type of situation and how long do you give them to send their deposit?
Hi there.
My customers have until middnight of the day they book if they havent they are sent an email to warn them that the dates will be cancelled if the deposit does not arrive by midnight the next day, they will usually pay straight away but I would certainly not give them 3,4 or 5 days to pay as this will give them time to find somewhere else that a partner or friend might find and you cant afford to lose there or others bookings most people have credit cards to day if they dont they can make a bank tranfer the next morning.
Hope this is of help to you :D
YNDW DWI YN SIARAD CYMRAEG !!