help needed ....never made a website before

Everything to do with using your own website to advertise your rental property. Design, usability, hosting, getting listed on the search engines, optimising your site, pay-per-click, etc, etc.
tonia

help needed ....never made a website before

Post by tonia »

hi, i went onto the 1and1.co.uk site and before i knew it i have paid for rental-turkey.com domain name, but i havnt a clue what to do next, i havnt done a website yet, because i thought this site helped you with doing that,
after i paid, it said i should log on in an hours time (once i recieve my email confimation) and log on to the 1and1.co.uk control panel.
please bare in mind i dont know anything about web pages etc
tonia
vrooje

Post by vrooje »

Tonia,

Welcome to the forum!

Check out the thread viewforum.php?f=29 -- and there are also several threads in this topic about various ways of coding a website and managing a domain name.

You're not alone, don't worry! :)
Brooke
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Tonia, I have done just that, check out my site.
www.chamoissiere.co.uk
se the 5 step wizard to get you started once your account is active.
Washy

Finding your site

Post by Washy »

Hi HelenB, Have just looked at your site, it is great, this is just what I need. I am a complete novice, silver surfer with a new gite to rent out.

My first question to you is how do people find your site, or do you just refer enquireies there yourself? I am sorry if this is such a dumb question but I am only starting out.
I will have a look at the 1-1 site now.

Second question is what sort of response have you had.

I also saw your posting about your first rental....well done.....our long term let did not materialise but have let our little house out to the hunter for weekends only which is a gentle start for me into this new venture. I need to get a site or something up and running for bookings for the new year.

Any advice gratefully received......
Hells Bells

Post by Hells Bells »

Hello, I have also advertised the apartment on a couple of rental listing sites. Try out the ones with a free trial period first, such as www.homelidays.com www.perfectplaces.com , www.holidaylets.net . You can then decide which ones are better.
I also advertise on a couple of skiing forums, but that is probably not what you're loking for.
The 1and1 site is very simple to set up, you just need to use one of their templates, and add your own text and titles. The photos need to be resized before you can upload them to the site.