IOWNERS

Get some feedback on your site or ad from other rental owners and techies. Also a library of online resources so you can make DIY improvements to your web presence.
apexblue

IOWNERS

Post by apexblue »

To those who have iowners website have you paid extra for getting nearer the top of the search engines and has it been beneficial? Also how much did they charge for removal of the ads on every page? Cheers
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

The biggest mistake we make in life is thinking we have time.
Casa Montana

iowners

Post by Casa Montana »

Hi Apex Blue,

I haven't paid the extra for SEO. I was thinking about it though so i would be interested to hear whether it's worth doing.

It costs you £24 to have the ads removed from my iowners site. I think it's worth paying that as the site looks much better without ads (IMHO)

I think i'm going to pay for the stats page soon. So would be interested aswell to hear from anyone who's done this and whether it's worth doing.

Cheers

Carl
Casa Montana
www.casamontanaspain.iowners.net
www.holidaylettings.co.uk/54076
Giuliana

Post by Giuliana »

Hi.
IOwners phoned me last week from Melbourne on my mobile :roll:
I asked if I could try the stats free for 1 week and they gave it to me.
If you send someone an e-mail you can see if they visited your site because it has a refferers link.
The key words they use to find you etc.
I will not be buying it cos I don't think it's worth the hassle.
Got the tool bar free for 3 months so will see if I like it and then will let you know.
If you ask I'm sure they will let you try for free the stats!
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Emailed iowners an hour ago to remove ads and trial on stats and it's been done already :lol: Notice our main traffic on this website is from vakantie-planner.com???
It is better to remain quiet and have one think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt....

Liane Goodlife France

Mmm

Post by Liane Goodlife France »

I have been with iowners since they started. The only reason I got any enquiries was because I used their website as my primary one and put it on all my publicity. I never got a booking. Now I have my own website, I get absolutely nothing from them??
'Life's a garden, dig it!'
omar

Post by omar »

Hola Apex Blue

I haven't reach that level yet with my brand new site. But I am sure there is a service out there that removes those ads for you. SEO should help alot.

I am also new to the forum, I am going to try my best to post at least once a day :)

Saludos (Cheers)

Omar
http://www.orlandovacationrentals411.com

Orlando Florida Pet Friendly Rentals
James3214

Post by James3214 »

Any up-to-date comments for this 'Independent Owners' site? I noticed a few LMHers use it. Do you pay for the extras and are you satisfied with them?
superpp

Post by superpp »

I went to the trouble of setting up a site with them (already had my own) as I liked their look.
Once finished though it is evident you need to pay for their SEO service to get anywhere, can't even set your own meta tags without (unless I can be proved wrong?). I'm not bothering as it's only free if very restricted. I'll stick to my own apartment rental website.
Little Villa

Post by Little Villa »

Our main site is IOwners. We paid for SEO and Stats, although not for removal of ads or for other languages. We have been extremely pleased with the results. The SEO is very good and I am amazed at the no. of 'referrers' who view our site every day. We send us short SEO update 'tasks' every so often. This suits us as I don't have a lot of time to spare and they use simple language, so it's easy to follow.

We are considering removal of ads, as one day I was viewing our site and a button came up saying 'Book now'. Curious, I clicked on it and found myself in a completely different site for villas in Tuscany! :shock:

IOwners' support in the past has been absolutely excellent, although I have had no reply to an email that I sent them in June. I sent it again today. I hope it is a temporary blip!

Incidentally, does anyone with an IOwners site have a BlackBerry? If so, have you got any tips for logging on without a magnifying glass and a calculator? Or actually any tips at all concerning the BlackBerry? Haven't had it long and there's a lot to take in.

Ginny
apexblue

Post by apexblue »

Very pleased with IO. After repeats our website has brought in the most bookings. We paid for ad removal and stats package to find out how people are finding you.

bananacake

Post by bananacake »

Giuliana wrote:Hi.
IOwners phoned me last week from Melbourne on my mobile :roll:
I asked if I could try the stats free for 1 week and they gave it to me.
If you send someone an e-mail you can see if they visited your site because it has a refferers link.
The key words they use to find you etc.
I will not be buying it cos I don't think it's worth the hassle.
Got the tool bar free for 3 months so will see if I like it and then will let you know.
If you ask I'm sure they will let you try for free the stats!
Do you have iowners phone number? I would also like to try out their stats for a free trial period and maybe consider their search optimization

thanks
superpp

Post by superpp »

not sure how good their SEO is, I have yet to see one of their pages come up when I google for holiday lets in my area.
fincafern

Post by fincafern »

I pay SEO on our site but haven't seen it climb higher than page three.
kg1

Post by kg1 »

Some one please tell me what SEO is???? Thankyou.
superpp

Post by superpp »

SEO = Search engine optimization

Basically how to configure your website to rank higher by google etc...