Does size really matter?

Agencies and other headaches, keys and cleaners, running costs and contracts...in short, all the things we spend so much of our time doing behind the scenes.<br>
enid

Does size really matter?

Post by enid »

We have two gites both sleeping 2/6 . We have the space to put in a third gite and have started working on it. We don't ,however, want to have more than 2 groups staying at the property and intend to use this third space as an annexe for larger groups. My question is - should we make it a third 2 bedroomed gite sleeping 4 or link it to the second gite making a 4 bedroomed gite sleeping up to 10? We could do that by opening a doorway between the two. This would make accommodation with a dining area large enough for 10 a large sitting area, 2 shower rooms and a bathroom. We could also close the door, and rearrange the furniture for smaller groups laying the 2nd gite out as it is now if that was required.

What do you think - which would be the best way to go?
Clexane

Post by Clexane »

I would go with a connection door. You can always make the door a soundproof sturdy door so you can close it and make them independent. A bit like a hotel with connecting rooms. Doubles your options.
So you wanted a holiday home in france ...

www.villaemmanuelle.com
la vache!

Post by la vache! »

Enid,
I agree, a connecting door is the best option. I have one big house and two smaller properties, I wish I had the facility to split the big 6 bed house in two and rent seperately as outside of school hols and long weekends it is hard to let, most people want smaller gites!
Susan
Alan Knighting

Post by Alan Knighting »

Enid,

I think the route of greatest flexibility is the way to go.

Alan